Disintegration State - new Lowering

Overall

Definitely feels like dystopian fiction; it’s in space, it’s in the sea, it’s in mines and on Holy Mountains. It’s a film, it’s a comic book and it’s very definitely a computer game. A real journey.

No standout melodies or tidy arrangements or even signature sounds more of a shapeshifting sense-journey. Very interesting.

I think I like Hope best but hard to say on first listen.
Excellent work @Twinkletoes

7 Likes

Thanks dude. Means a lot x

4 Likes

don’t mention it
quite a disturbing record though…u ok ?

2 Likes

I’ve always thought that under that cheerful, collaborative, encouraging demeanour lies the beating heart of an unhinged lunatic.

4 Likes

Ah I’m good thanks - some major life things have fallen nicely into place after a lot of uncertainty. It was an emotionally draining few months for various reasons when I was making the album though. But everything around the label and working on music was really the thing that kept me relatively stable :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The like is for things falling into place nicely, obviously.

1 Like

the healing and cathartic power of music innit :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Tuesday bump for last Friday’s release.

Also, new @McGarnagle album available to pre-order on Compact Disc.

Sleep in Perpetual Storm | Lowering

4 Likes

Remember compact discs?
They’re back! In exactly the same form.

6 Likes

think this is my favourites of yours so far, especially the second half. the creation of ends is great, could have done with another couple of minutes of it

2 Likes

Thanks man! You will be pleased to know that my live set finishes with a reworked TCOE (more distortion and, if I dare say so myself, a really cool Mogwai-esque finale)

2 Likes

Gods but The Creation of Ends is SO GOOD. Fill my head with distortion, drown out the rest of the noise in there.

3 Likes

Yeah, with We Are All Human and the new Lowering next Friday, you are really spoiling us…!

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

The ambassador’s reception* of record labels! :grin:

*Probably should have posted that in the “outdated cultural references” thread…

2 Likes

Gotta have records to tour* with!

*play two shows

2 Likes

Sadly I’m probably not going to be able to make the Manchester night now after some absolute parsnip (me) wrote our car off last night. It was a bit of a decadent expense as it was but with that surprise cash-hole opening up it’s probably not doable now. Harsh times.

Ah mate I’m so sorry to hear this. Hope you’re doing ok.

4 Likes

Thanks mate. I’m alright, thankfully the consequences are just a lot of hassle and expense. Could have been much worse.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re ok mate. We’ll miss you being there, but just pleased you’re not hurt!

4 Likes