Disintegration State - new Lowering

That track is super, super unsettling. Proper horror-movie stuff!

2 Likes

Next year can you all cover The Monster Mash pls.

3 Likes

That’s for the Valentine’s Day comp

6 Likes

Good stuff, I won’t have to wait as long.

1 Like

They’re not in the track, but you’re not imagining them either…

:scream:

3 Likes

:fearful::cold_sweat::scream:

3 Likes

Man I’m looking forward to the Christmas album now!

3 Likes

Ahhhh, thank you so much! Glad I can be of spooky service!

@Bamnan Thank you too!

5 Likes

Holy moly it’s a double-release today!

First up is the new one from @Bamnan which sees him in a jazzy mood. Reminds me in parts of some of Squarepusher’s softer moments and wouldn’t sound out of place on Brainfeeder.

Then there’s a cheeky little EP from yours truly where I’ve gone and reinterpreted Bam’s magnificent ‘Moons of Jupiter’ into some modern classical ambience and haunted chamber music. Thanks to him for allowing me to hack away at his delicate work :wink:

6 Likes

Just listening to Orange, Conceptually - so much incredible detail going on in this, particularly in the first 70 seconds.

1 Like

Loving a bit of @bamnan over breakfast in half term :grinning:
Might be worth noting that although it does appear on Spotify if you search for Colin Mawson, it’s not listed as the most recent you have to scroll down under albums for it. Spotify is still putting jupiter as most recent release.

1 Like

That jazzy break after the strings took a while to get right that’s for sure!

1 Like

Yeah he’s listed as a collaborator on the Postcards From Voyager EP. Our digital distributor messed up on uploading that so I think it has a ‘later’ release date by virtue of being sent to spotify later than his album with the same release date.

Ah that explains it!

1 Like

New @Bamnan is staggeringly accomplished as ever, but sadly a little jazzy for my tastes on the whole. Loving some of the flourishes though, every release just feels so… complete? There’s always a lot to unpack.

Bam, do you think you’ll do anything with vocals again someday?

Sticking Postcards from Voyager on now (y)

2 Likes

aww thanks man :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m hoping to start figuring out how to sing again and write some more traditional songs for next year!

1 Like

@Twinkletoes I’m just listening to Postcards from Voyager now, you’ve done an amazing job carving some strange and beguiling textures and tension from those simple piano pieces! :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers dude! Had a huge amount of fun working with the source material and I’m glad you’re enjoying what I’ve done with it. Honestly think I could have done a whole album just using phrases from Dia!

yeah Dia - Suspension was really something! Piano really lends itself well to layering and complex poly-rhythms and stuff it seems

1 Like

also want to thank @McGarnagle for his great work mastering, can’t believe how nicely everything sits in the mix so thank you v. much for your help :slight_smile:

3 Likes