Disintegration State - new Lowering

Man this is a really great album, so many amazing things going on in here and the synth sounds are just perfect. The overall feel really reminds me of Mort Garson’s Plantasia (in the best possible way)!

3 Likes

an awesome and relaxing listen so far @Gert. Loving the wobbly synth lines and washes of phasing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

big thanks for all your lovely comments! Definitely the most proud I’ve felt of a musical project and it’s making me dizzy with ideas for the next thing.

8 Likes

finally watched the video earlier, it’s really really cool

4 Likes

Listened to yr album this morning, @Gert. Are you a fan of Pram at all? That homemade refrofuturist-ish space travel atmosphere jumped right out at me from the very opening

1 Like

never heard of em. Any particular album I should attend to?

Their new album is definitely a good place to start (Across the Meridian). I feel like you’d really appreciate the video for Shimmer & Disappear too. (Can’t link from work rn)

Updated the Disintegrated Bangers playlist for Friday evening

4 Likes

Of course it starts with The Alchemist.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Will have some Alchemist-centric news to announce fairly soon…

Oh snap.

1 Like

Spoiler

We’ve successfully figured out how to turn electronica into gold.

9 Likes

DiSintegration State HQ:

6 Likes

All that sweet, sweet ambient gold

giphy

6 Likes

Oh hey there @colossalhorse

7 Likes

I can’t find a gif quite happy enough to capture my reaction to this.

What a lovely, lovely review.

2 Likes

:grinning: richly deserved - brilliant record and I’m excited to get it out there tomorrow

1 Like

I’ve been getting less and less sure about this one the further I get from it tbh but things like this make all the worry and self-doubt worthwhile.

Also a big fan of write ups that make things that happened because I accidentally dragged the wrong thing to the wrong place sound like things I spent hours meditating upon.

1 Like

Hurrah! Official new release day for the great bunch of massive equine lad that is @colossalhorse

Six tracks of beautiful, constantly shifting ambience and drone, and even some submerged techno beats. It’s very, very good indeed.

Also, for some reason Spotify’s classed it as an EP, even though it’s 44 minutes and 6 tracks long. Great classification algorhythming Spotify!

3 Likes

:smiley:

To be fair I was trying to get away with calling it an ep for ages. Calling it an album makes it feel more like A Thing. But I guess I’ll just have to accept that I have Done A Thing.

2 Likes