Disintegration State - new Lowering

That fretboard sound is wondeful aye. Lovely attention to detail

2 Likes

Nightspot Pigeon Toilet

Some unsettling glitched beats and granular static give this a purposeful swagger as feedback and melody merge, twangs and pings fire off above the beats like unholy fireworks into the sky.

3 Likes

Gutterclog Economics

Love the rising bloops and blips here that are encased in little jackets of noise. Yummy, crunchy!

Feels like a colony of ant skittering in an underground nest.

A mournful synth line rises as a deep and guttural bass underpins the track and grounds the spiralling textured beats, gluing everything together.

3 Likes

The Sunken Restaurant

Feels fitting to the name right from the start, a murky blue-green haze evokes feelings of being deep under the ocean.

Lovely fragile call and response between a sine-wavey xylophone type sound and a breathy pulsing synth makes me think of dolphins communicating through sonar, dipping in and out of a rusted ship’s canteen.

2 Likes

Zoner II

Languid licks on the guitar sound in the distance bringing us back to the surface or perhaps waking us gently from the dream established in it’s namesake.

Nice interplay here between the reverb coated electric and a more direct bass in it’s higher octaves(?).

Hushed beats creep in around 3mins and mix with fuzzy noise adding further texture.

stretchy notes on the guitar call out like horns blasting from ghosts of old steamships.

A pounding bassdrum and slow steady bassline propel us forward into beautiful washes of feedback and sirens. Feel the dream is returning or perhaps a nightmare as the urgency and spikeyness of the feedback increases to a crescendo.

A calm emerges at 9:30 as the drums give way to phasing swirls of noise and reverb.

Totally otherworldly! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

This Used

Back underwater now as the melodies swim all around us. Deep rumbles mix with sharp ringing as we are dragged deeper down towards the seabed. Distant calls from life above us emerge and are silenced.

3 Likes

This was a spectacular listen. Really such an atmospheric and slightly unsettling album where everything felt like it was telling a story and was part of a cohesive whole.

Thanks @manches for the wonderful music!

6 Likes

This is so fucking great.

3 Likes

Can I just that you guys have dingle handedly made me want the MG to be better. If this community can create such awesome music, then I thought I need to showcase it and the pod is hopefully doing it, and will do some more work in the rest of this year.

Love this so much.

11 Likes

My new favourite euphemism.

Cheers buddy. Psyched for all the new MG content :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FAO @manches. Lovely review here which seems to really connect with your vision for the music.

Mute Branches Notanymore Disintegration State | The Electro Review - THE ELECTRO REVIEW

1 Like

Cripes on toast, @Bamnan! That was incredible and incredibly flattering to read. I feel like I should print out that post chain and get it framed somewhere

7 Likes

I particularly like how straight-facedly they write ‘Nightspot Pigeon Toilet’. Also mentioning that there’s something that sounds like birds in there, which I hadn’t actually spotted myself until more or less just now

6 Likes

Yep there’s something wonderful about that

I haven’t managed to listen to this yet but all these reviews are making me very, very excited to!

1 Like

If, say, there was a disser who was interested in making ambient electronica sort of stuff and wanted to submit it to you for listening to how would they go about doing so? With a WAV file or somesuch? Theoretically.

Asking for a friend.

6 Likes

Soundcloud - private link if your friend so wishes.
Or send a link to wav/mp3 to me and @McGarnagle.
Or your friend could be invited to our private thread where we chat about production and share works in progresses.

2 Likes

I’ll see if my friend can get his ducks in a row over half term and send you something!

5 Likes

Man, that bit where Zoner 1 starts to speed up, can’t get enough of it :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s wondeful isn’t it? What a bloody brilliant start to the year.

4 Likes