Disintegration State - new Veins Full of Static (colossalhorse) 😍 (oh and live night!)

chat
music
susanalbumparty

Mate, your chops are proper :exploding_head: All those jazzy leads and stuff you casually flick off make me feel like my hands have been replaced with giant cartoon hams.

Yeah, I found this the other day and it was more excellence :+1:

I wish I had paid more attention to the track titles at the time so I could heap praise on it with more specificity, but the whole thing had the same rich, immersive warmth.,

aww :slight_smile:

The secret is none of them are really all that complicated, usually I just work through and refine a few bars until the movement of notes feel right and then move on to the next bit. I don’t really do leads/“solos” spontaneously very often unless I’ve got a shit load of distortion on to mask all the errors :wink:

Thanks again for the extraordinary praise! I’m very proud of that album. First time I’d put together something of that length and still felt “yeah this is right” months after I’d finished with it.

We put out a single and remix yesterday by Sunbane (aka @Elights ). Main track is kinda futuristic house and is a teaser for an excellent album releasing end of September. It’s very very good. Available on Bandcamp and the usual streaming services

Alright folks, more DS goodness out today! It’s the debut EP ‘Happy Accidents’ by Adventsong aka @TVDenimChap

6 tracks of emotive electronica sculpted from crystalline textures available on the usual places. This ticks a lot of IDM boxes for me, so well worth your time if you recognise how good my taste is!

Event Horizon is soooo good. Love me some static.

Just listening to this now. Really enjoying it @TVDenimChap

The consistently brilliant quality of these releases is something else.

this is so good. those drums on event horizon, oh shiiiiiiiiiiit

:grinning:

It’s outrageous innit? Folks send me stuff all coy like then I listen and I’m all :open_mouth:
Next couple of months is just as good amd we’ve got a really cool collaborative thing lined up too.

finished listening and went straight back in for round 2. not very happy that this is only an ep, tbh

:wink: Will make sure that lazy @TVDenimChap does a full album next time

GET OFF MY TURF, @TVDenimChap!

Nah, cracking ep this. At some point I’ll stop being surprised at the high quality of our releases but it hasn’t happened yet.

much appreciated

Thanks everyone for your wonderfully kind feedback and sorry for not replying soonr. I’ve been stuck in a field all day and think I am badly sunburnt, but reading these as they came in really really made my day.

Been nervously awaiting release to find out what everyone thought, so super glad you all like it :slight_smile:

Cheers mate!

Cheers mate! Proud of how that track turned out in the end, it was very metal to start with…

Already working on record #2, hopefully it turns out a bit more substantial!

Just started Happy Accidents

Daibatsu = :heart_eyes:

copy and paste expression for those bitcrushed-y sounds on ‘Into the Mist’

Know you’re joking, but been thinking about this a lot. There’s definitely a lot of the rest of you label folk in this… Obviously the static (!), but was listening to loads of @Bamnan (I mean Singularity is just my poor imitation of Moons of Jupiter), @AphexTwinkletoes and @McGarnagle as well and binging on the sampler while this came together.

Basically, this wouldn’t exist without y’all! It’s been a blast being a part of this endeavour.

This has been one of the best things really. Think everyone is learning from each other as we go along. Like @ghosthalo and @McGarnagle chatting about sidechaining the other week.