Disintegration State - new Lowering

Well well well, look at this lovely cassette what all the super radical people are bang into these days:

Tape%20002

Tape%20004

You should probably buy one from bandcamp and be the envy of all your friends. They will see you with your many coloured cassette and say “Wow [insert name here] is such a super-cool person - I guess they’re a real tastemaker; a mover and a shaker; I trust their opinion on all things implicitly.” And they will be right to do so. But only if you have one of these cassettes. Stocks are limited, so buy now!

9 Likes

That is beautiful.

Incidentally MueseuM are recording directly to cassette tonight. Who wants to bet on that being a terrible idea.

5 Likes

Extremely a e s t h e t i c :+1:

2 Likes

MueseuM bringing it old school!

Our newest release/compilation Disintegrated Stem Cells is out for streaming today, ahead of the official #cassettestoreday release tomorrow.

You probably know the drill by now - lots of off-kilter electronica/ambience/drone/whatever - the key difference being this time every track is based on unfinished tracks by top disser @iamwiggy with each artist sampling, warping and messing with them to create something brand new.

Lovely tape also available from the bandcamp, and if you buy it you’ll get Wiggy’s originals as a lovely bonus.

13 Likes

Just listened through for the first time since we decided on the final sequencing - bloody proud of this. Stands proud alongside the first comp.

4 Likes

Tape bought!

Very much enjoyed my best mate’s interest in the cushions!

5 Likes

listening to the tape comp for the first time (having avoided most of the demos for a phresh experience)

the post-punk track is a cool surprise!

3 Likes

It’s a surprise, and yet it somehow still fits really well amongst all the more electronic tracks. Top work @BifoIsou
:+1:

3 Likes

Cassette arrived today, haven’t dusted off the old tape player to listen yet, but it is absolutely fucking beautiful - actually having the obi strip physically there to take off is so satisfying, and the white cassette with the design printed in it is :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Thanks so much for buying it @anon89873996! :grin:

2 Likes

If I didn’t loathe cassettes with every fibre of my being I would be all over this.

I know it’s a much bigger outlay but I’m talky hoping for a vinyl version of a lot of these soon!

3 Likes

Yeah well I’ve heard that cassettes feel the same way about you! :wink:

It’s streaming on Spotify and that so you can still hear it! :grin:

Fingers crossed we’ll hit the point where we can start producing some vinyl. That would be an absolute dream come true.

3 Likes

Yup I’m loving it on Spotify which is why I want the vinyl so much. So much to wrap your ears around ;you must be so proud of how this whole venture has just exploded.

3 Likes

Yeah, it feels pretty great, but frankly it would have fallen apart pretty swiftly were it not for the quality for the music people keep sending our way!

2 Likes

A vinyl record is the absolute dream for me. In the unlikely event we haven’t made billions and won all the awards by the time I hit 40 I’ll probably end up doing a vanity run of records for one of my releases just so I can bore my hypothetical children by making them listen to and stare at it. Daily.

6 Likes

So bloody proud! Wouldn’t have happened without this community though.

Definitely fancy doing vinyl at some point. Would probably need to be a lathe cut really limited run at the size we are right now.

8 Likes

Flexidiiisc!

2 Likes

8 Likes

also Disintegrated Piano Rolls

4 Likes