DiSmas Mixtape Crew?

Alright former mixers. The mixtape crew has sort of died over the last 12-18 months (sniff), but does anybody want to do a small scale (ideally physical) mixtape swap based on tracks from this year that fit on one CD? It needn’t be anonymous.

Reply IN below if you’re in, we can even be honest about the likely ‘genre content’ to make sure you find someone who might open your ears to something you’ve missed.

In!

1 Like

In! Obviously!

1 Like

Hopeful rather than expectant bump!

Reckon I’m in for this!

1 Like

Would be up for doing a playlist one - I haven’t got anything to burn CDs and the only thing I’ve got that plays them is my car!

2 Likes

Not sure I understand here.

Are we supposed to listen to them as well as make them?

1 Like

I’m pretty close to finishing one if anyone wants dibs

2 Likes

Just finished mine (mixed into a single mix) but happy to share.

On that front, do we just want to share either playlists in here or mixes via GoogleDrive? Would that make things easier? Happy to do a physical mix and send it out if @manches or @keith want a copy, but equally appreciate that not everyone has access to old school cd burning technology @froglet.

I’ll do a playlist and post it here. I’m so behind with this year’s listening though!

Love how this almost makes me sound like one of those teens who calls the 90s the “late 1900s” and not a middle aged person who still remembers having a rotary phone in the house

1 Like

Still have one, though it no longer works since BT switched out the copper cables :grimacing:

1 Like

Always enjoyed physical mix CD club in the past but not sure if I could still muster the effort to get it all together. Not sure my printer works anymore so would have to print it in the office which gives less scope for re-printing when I cut out the artwork and discover it’s the wrong size.

That said the past 2 years I’ve said I’d do a playlist mixtape instead and have never finished it, lol.

I’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

I’m happy either way - I’d prefer a CD because I was born in the 1900s but I am jive enough with technology to get down with a Spotify list.

Alright mixers, my mix is now ready having updated Audacity after a portable install was exporting in terrible quality (seems to be fixed in 3.4.2). I have closed the doors to any new listens, so it’s all ready. Normally split out the tracks once mixed so that you can skip, so anybody who wants to do a physical swap, let me know.

Done a playlist for this, anyone else?

2 Likes

I’ll try and put my one up tomorra

1 Like

Split mine out now from a continuous mix but haven’t tagged them. Will try and WeTransfer tomorrow with a tracklist!

DiStape! Basically some songs I really liked this year arranged in such a way that flows like a good compilation album (hopefully)

2 Likes

Here’s a WeTransfer link to a zipped mixtape (all tracks are separate, but play as a continuous mix, but with a few really clunky transitions):

Playlist is as follows: