🎅🎄 DiSmas Secret Santa: OPENING THREAD 🎁🎅

HO HO HO - Merry DiSmas! IT’S FINALLY HERE!! OPENING DAY!!

I was going to wait until 12 o’clock to post this but people are climbing the walls wanting to open things. (honestly, you lot are worse than little kids :smile: )

so here we go!

There is no running order (apologies @PocketMouse) as some people are still at work etc and won’t be sure when they’ll have time to jump in. So just post when you can!

Open your present, post some photos… then guess who your secret santa was! Once you have made a guess, then your santa can reveal themselves. easy!

(PS if anyone is still waiting for their present, post whenever you finally get it. all santas have confirmed their gifts have been sent out, the post office elves are just taking their time :slight_smile: you will have to be patient!)

2 Likes

Last mail before Christmas has come and gone. Nothing arrived :pensive:

4 Likes

I’m crossing my fingers it will show up today, but I still don’t have mine either :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

At least we’ll have some excitement in that bit between Christmas and New Years.

Had to send everyone home from the official gift opening party I was hosting this evening. It was pretty embarrassing, but worse things have happened. I’ll get over it.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks again @japes for organising this :christmas_tree::gift:

11 Likes

7 Likes

think @anon44830896 was wanting to go first? although it sounds like their santa has set a pretty high bar

1 Like
  1. Thanks @japes for organising this!
  2. Mine might arrive today but thanks in advance to my Santa and absolutely no worries if it doesn’t :slight_smile:
  3. I’m waiting for someone to edit the thread title to “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”

Ok I couldn’t wait any longer, I’ve opened the package to reveal… TWO presents. And they’re wrapped. Can’t believe I waited 13 days to look inside. I’ll stop here for now.

6 Likes

Don’t you dare stop.

You open those presents right now young man / lady.

4 Likes

So I opened mine this morning at about 8:30 as I was so curious and look:

So adorably wrapped!

Cat stitch markers!!!
First of all they are insanely adorable. But so incredibly thoughtful! This person obviously knows me very well and has picked the perfect little pressie for me. I love them so much!
I can’t really guess who this person is because I don’t actually know everyone who is in this but I’m thinking it could be someone like @_Em or @AllOfThemWitches? I have no idea but I want to find out to personally thank them as it literally made me cry with happiness.

Xxxx

Thanks so much @japes for organising!
P.s. My gift is nowhere near as thoughtful and I regret not taking time to investigate my person!

22 Likes

That’s the cat’s pyjamas

4 Likes

Aw look at their wee faces!

1 Like

Great gift. Definitely a girl I reckon. I’m almost certain mines a man.

Yeah, don’t want to sound a dick but the wrapping alone makes it look like a girl has bought it.

quick reminder, here’s everyone that’s playing:

plasticniki
Ruffers
japes
Unlucky
meowington
Tilly
bird
saps
PocketMouse
Songs_about_ducking
badmanreturns
TKC
laelfy
AllOfThemWitches
ninetyeightytwo
Kallgeese
Yesiamaduck
jazzballet
Lo-Pan
fappable
Icarus-Smicarus
shes_so_high
cutthelights
ma0sm
whiterussian
colon_closed_bracket
keith
WizardLizard
Slicky

1 Like

So my Secret Santa (if this IS from one of you guys) promised me a very gothic Christmas. And they delivered!

What you have there is some dark chocolate, a bit of gothic fiction (I’ve read some Le Fanu but never heard of Wailing Ghosts, so ace), and a gothic 7" by Gloss Rejection!

I’m not at all familiar with Gloss Rejection, but what fantastic artwork. Can’t wait to give it a listen!

I’ve no idea who this is from. But the Brick Lane Bookshop bookmark, and the fact that Gloss Rejection are a London band, suggests that this is from one of the LME.

Whoever it is, two things:

1. Thank you VERY much, EXTREMELY thoughtful. I’m touched.

2. How on Earth did you manage to (successfully) link me to dark ambient hauntology loser Lord Gloom?

15 Likes

Dark chocolate! Nice touch.

3 Likes

That’s a fucking incredible bunch of gifts, fucking great effort whoever sent those

5 Likes