🎅🎄 DiSmas SECRET SANTA VI: Opening Thread 🎁 🎅

HO HO HO - Merry DiSmas!

Here we go!!

What to do: open your present, post some photos… then have a guess at who your santa was !! You don’t have to keep guessing until you’re right or anything, just one guess is fine.

once your santee has made a guess, then santa can reveal themselves and let them know if they were right. easy peasy!

there’s no running order to this, just join in when you can.

finally… thank you all very much for joining in! :blush:

MERRY DISMAS

20 Likes

a reminder of everyone that is playing this year:

AcceptanceIII
Brainfreeze
dingaling
fappable
froglet
Garethl
hesastopsiiiiign
hobbeswhenhewasnew
aboynamedgoo
icarus_smicarus
Im_On_Safari
JaguarPirate
Jamos
japes
jont2001
jordan_229
paidinfull
plasticniki
safebruv
Scout
shes_so_high
shrewbie
Slicky
tilty
TKC
Tuna
whiterussian
witches
Yesiamaduck

3 Likes

What a crew

And what a host! Go japes

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

15 Likes

Yes, big up the Japes!

2 Likes

Go Japes!

3 Likes

Who will be the first santee to dump their load?

3 Likes

Right I’ll open proceedings since I opened early…

Nice and compact wrapping, don’t recognise the handwriting…

Look at that card! Amazing!

… And one hell of a haul. Don’t have this LC collection and this copy is loooovely, the little YLT postcard is amazing. And Daim bars - if that is incredibly thorough research I’m truly impressed. Bang on with the choccos.

Genuinely havent a clue who this is. Let’s have a stab in the dark… Ic-smic? Thank you Santa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

33 Likes

Best day of the year, IMHO.

Right. Mine arrived last week so it’s been lying around tempting me for a while.

Lovely paper on the outside!

And then…

The Etsy thing threw me tbh. Oooh what’s inside I thought… Oh my god. As soon as I got a peek inside I knew what it was (because I’ve wanted this for ages)…

It’s a Look Mum No Hands banana cap! What!!!

But not only that, hang on…

There’s one for baby too! Well, when she’s older :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You won’t actually believe this but good job Santa didn’t get Mike one too because he’s already got one, so now we can be bananas together!!

Thank you so much Santa. I’ve no idea who it is so my wild stab in the dark is @froglet?

35 Likes

FTFY

4 Likes

Am I that obvious?

Glad you like them! Merry Christmas! (ho ho ho)

16 Likes

oh my god my present is amazing

5 Likes

Not me I’m afraid!

Ha basically narrowed it down to a frequent music board-er! Thank you very much, merry Xmas :relaxed:

1 Like

How did I miss this was happening :disappointed:

Oh wow, this is so good!

Beautiful wrapping and a ribbon!

Oooh what does it mean?!

Yey, exciting chocolate I have not tried before!

Audrey helped me unwrap this part:

OMG, look at this! It’s beautiful! I’m not sure of its intended purpose but I am thinking I may either hang it on the wall or use it as a small tablecloth. I love it.

But wait, there’s more! A cute little Christmas tree brooch, some eggnog tea (which I can’t wait to try) and some rad feminist stickers!

The stickers look perfect on my laptop!

Thank you so much @whiterussian (I know it was you as international shipping requires customs declarations! :laughing: ) I absolutely love everything and I’m so touched :heart:

34 Likes

Forgot the last photo:

28 Likes

Same!

Spotted that Cohen book in Oxfam during the summer having never heard of it and loved the cover, but bought a cheaper one they had by him instead. When it came to Secret Santa time I wasn’t sure what books you might have by him already so thought I’d better go obscure and seek that one out again online. Also managed to quickly read it before wrapping it up so it was a win win!

Also I just searched your posts for the word ‘chocolate’ and a fondness for Daim immediately became apparent. Was disappointed to find my local Spar had stopped selling the coffee flavoured ones though, thought that might have added a bit of novelty

2 Likes

Love those Starr Records christmas cards

1 Like

finished work yesterday so santa has kindly sorted my afternoon for me

STRONG WRESTLING VIOLENCE!

but what’s this, is it a signed picture of england’s only world class player, jesse lingard?

it is! going to have get that framed. possibly a bit weird to have that up but not have any pictures of my family but in fairness, my mom has never scored the winner in a fa cup final

no idea who santa could be. @safebruv maybe?

32 Likes