Disney

Mad how a dumb part of Cloud Atlas where all films are called Disneys is becoming reality. Guess they spoke the true true

Hell of a segue tbf

1 Like

16 Likes

Been speaking to my colleague @bergkamp about it very recently but it’s hilarious to me that he’s come up with this narrative thread of how dictators can sweep to power silently via the machinations and bureaucracy of political protocols but he’s telling it with an audience surrogate of an absurdly offensive west-indian fish man who just fucking bumps into things and slips on banana peels and stuff

7 Likes

just for balance, a good chunk of the things I like are shit and wrong too. I am poisoned in the same way

videogames with guns - shit, shouldn’t exist

just those of you with kids try to break the cycle

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s very satirical.

3 Likes

Please stop

sorry! I will leave now

Went to Disney World in Florida 20-odd years ago and hated it. Never understood these families/adults who own time-shares there. Hellish

2 Likes

saw a really good t shirt at a market recently that had mickey mouse with a safety pin through his ear flipping everyone the bird
gutted i didn’t buy it or even take a picture of it

1 Like

I went to see Kurosawa’s Hidden Fortress in the cinema recently and I found it really funny imagining Lucas being so profoundly inspired by it, and then that subsequently transitioning into the creation of Jar-Jar Binks

1 Like

Could see myself ending up in a Westworld scenario in that Star Wars theme park, where I just stay for years and become the main villain.

2 Likes

love a good bootleg t-shirt

12 Likes

People getting excited about F4 and Xmen in the MCU has quite successfully obscured what seems like a wildly anti-competitive monopoly forming business move hasn’t it?

DEFINITELY shit.

Are you counting the Pixar films?

Nah. Seems like the current crop of Lucas film leaders are basically hand picked Lucas protégés who accept his ideas

‘That small peasant character would make a great upside-down bin on wheels’.

Toshiro Mifune though <3

1 Like