Disposable Cameras and the like

Mad how some kid at max spielman or where ever got to see your pics before you did.

Crazy

3 Likes

My Mum once got in trouble cause she sent a load of films off to be developed and there were photos of baby me naked and I think she got asked if it was for bad reasons

1 Like

Even more mad how Max Spielman is still a thing

1 Like

Imagine making a feature length film and realising you had your thumb over the camera during pivotal scenes and also thereā€™s several minutes of Sam Neillā€™s bare arse that he took in secret because a raptor dared him to

3 Likes

I found a camera in an old rucksack 5 years ago from Reading 2007, it was quite the trip recieving the photos back in the mail. Unsurprisingly, given how off my face I was the whole weekend, most the phtotos were blurs and thumbs

2 Likes

sometimes youā€™d get them back with a sticker on saying ā€œuse a slower shutter speed next timeā€ or something, how about you mind your own fucking business next time, how about that

18 Likes

ā€˜this one would look nice in a frameā€™

and itā€™s out of focus and yr daā€™s thumb is over half of it

2 Likes

Had a load of disposable cameras on tables at our wedding, didnā€™t get them developed at the time. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother now.

A friend of mine used to work at Snappy Snaps back in the mid 90s and he told me that whenever staff saw adult photos theyā€™d take a second set for themselves, which is horrifying. I guess thatā€™s one of the reasons Polaroids were so popular before digital cameras came along

I once took a roll of film into Boots in Covent Garden to be developed in a lunchtime hour(I worked in Covent Garden at the time) totally forgetting that there were a couple of (tasteful) nudes of me & my then girlfriend on the roll

when I went to pick them up the spod on the counter refused to give me the pics saying that nudes contravened store policy and that he couldnā€™t give them to me. I asked him if he had the pics or if he had destroyed them. He was like ā€˜I have them hereā€™ and pointed to this in tray with 3 or 4 envelopes of developed films just behind the desk. I reached over and snatched my envelope of pictures and said ā€œYouā€™re lucky I donā€™t call the police on you for trying sneak these off me you little pervertā€ and walked out of the store without paying

Every time I went back in there for my lunchtime sandwich meal deal I made I point of giving him a cold hard stare and knocking some display material or whatever off his desk onto the floor so that he had to come out from behind his little counter to pick it up

3 Likes

that man would grow up to be Adolf J Trump

2 Likes

Really, really laughing imagining that youā€™d just picked up someone elseā€™s photos :smiley:

2 Likes

My envelope was at the front because alphabetical surname

but that would have been ironic wouldnā€™t it

1 Like

Just realised that I have a disposable camera in a box somewhere that I used to take pictures of NYE1999/2000 that I never got developed

should maybe do that

Another weird disposable camera thing thatā€™s happened to me, and Iā€™ve said it on here before I think, is that I inherited this huge box of physical photos. Which you would think is a nice thing, and some of them are, but also there are SO many slutty photos of my Mum. In those little sleeve things as well, which means some person atā€¦ idk kodak or whatever, has seen photos of my Mum dressed as a slutty cat posing on a sofa. And so have I.
Both my parents also got into photography to the point theyā€™d develop them themselves, which again is well cool, but also NOT cool in the fact that there are so many nudes of them both. That I have not only seen, but are still in a box in my living room because wtf do you do with that sort of thing?? Physical, actual nudes man. That your kid would see 20 odd years later.

1 Like

A cheap black and white disposable can be great fun at a gig or festival. Can fuck with it a bit or scratch the lens etc to make cool effects too because who cares if it gets trashed. I donā€™t like keeping photos is the problem, so donā€™t really do it.

I can take care of them for you?

3 Likes

:smiley: absolutely not but thank you for the offer

1 Like

Your fondness for costumes also apparently hereditary? Interesting!

1 Like

Iā€™ve got two of these on my desk waiting to drop off at some point. One I used for the City 2002/03 season, the otherā€™s from a night out in Blackpool in 2002.