DiSsers without little pictures

Obviously each to their own but sometimes you forget who people are due to this. I think you should get pictures

It’s 00.19

3 Likes

I’ve got quite attached to the magenta F

7 Likes

Quite like the letters. At least they don’t change.

Theo downs his whisky and stares out at the sea

50 Likes

In this case the ceaseless heavy Melbourne rain.

Alright Neil Finn

(you said it was sunny yesterday)

2 Likes

Yup, yesterday sunny, today still hot but very overcast and it’s been raining for a while now although it seems to be slackening off a bit now. Just a heavy mizzle.

FO,M

1 Like

Not having that. Mizzle is standard English.

FO, C (cobber).

Song was clearly written about Auckland you cultural imperialist.

Strewth!

First time I went to that Melbourne, everyone I told came back with the anecdote “It’s four seasons in one day down there!!!1!”.

Seemed like it was a thing.

1 Like

Come now guys, @infinite_jest @Antelope there is no need for fighting here:

There is ongoing debate among fans over the city as the source of inspiration for the lyrics. Both the cities of Auckland, where Neil Finn was educated, and Melbourne, where the band formed and wrote many songs, can experience substantial changes in weather and temperature in just a few hours, hence “four seasons in one day”.

Likewise, the line “the sun shines on the black clouds hanging over the domain” may refer to the Auckland Domain, or the Kings Domain in Melbourne. Moreover in both cities, many locals refer to these parks as simply “the domain”.

There have been no cited statements from Neil Finn or other band members to clarify this. It is of course quite possible that both cities were an inspiration, and the song simply expresses Finns feelings for both cities.

3 Likes

Hmm.

I was going to argue that obviously Tim Finn, who co-wrote it, lived in Auckland not Melbourne, and further adduce evidence that Weather With You obviously references Auckland (57 Mt Pleasant St), except that there’s a Mt Pleasant in Melbourne*. And Tim lived in Melbourne too. So 0-0 IJ, I guess.

*Mt Pleasant is in the suburb of @Eltham. How deep does this go?

2 Likes

TINTCHT

Similarly, I am quite fond of the shade of yellow I was assigned and am not in a hurry to part with it.

5 Likes

In all srsness though…frequent picture changers can also receive ire from this thread

3 Likes

CBA sorry.

2 Likes

This

1 Like

pcbe

1 Like

I mostly recognise the letters but i confuse @no-class and @noise_ramones even though the colour is a bit different