Dissonance Radio - Admin Stuff Thread

Cheers squire! :+1:

1 Like

any alternatives to Audacity, it’s driving me up the wall with accidental loops I can’t delete, varying audio levels during song playback

You’re on windows right? Because Garageband is great if you’re on Mac

yes so thanks for NOTHING :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Reaper is free*, though it’ll take a little bit of getting used to after Audacity. It’s not wildly different but a little fiddly in places

*It’s not at all free, but the trial version has 100% of the paid versions functionality, they just keep reminding you that you should really consider paying for it at some point, so y’know

1 Like

I use Audition if that’s any help.

1 Like

Just uploaded show, late again…sorry. Also included new track by my own band, which I’m sure is also frowned upon. Readying myself for a call up to a meeting with Dissonance head of HR.

5 Likes

@Badgerdeluxe would you step into my office please?

2 Likes

ok so,

3 Likes

(record scratch)

2 Likes

Really had the energy for this last night and wasted about 3 hours putting something together to find Audacity shit the bed and everything sounded terrible for some reason. Turned out to be my headphones. Which also have a really shit mic. Now I have to start over with different software not really sure I have the energy for it!!

I’m afraid I’m going to have to cancel the live thing we’ve got scheduled for Saturday and put Ghost Signals temporarily on ice. I’m not in a good place mentally - I’m fortunate enough not to have a great deal on my plate but the little I have somehow feels overwhelming, which is a bad sign. I need to take some time to get myself together.

Sorry. Hopefully it’ll just be a short hiatus.

5 Likes

No problem dude, look after yourself :+1:

2 Likes

Sunday’s episode of room two should have just uploaded I think, the Google form crashed as I submitted though so if not can upload again this afternoon.

1 Like

My incredibly popular Giant Animals will be appearing more randomly for a while, just quite a bit on at the moment sorry.

1 Like

Think it came through fine, cheers dude!

1 Like

I’ve just uploaded the next episode of The Mire. For no other reason than “why not?”, volume 7 contains no black metal!

2 Likes

This tracklist is very much my thing

1 Like

Hey folks!

Bit behind on coming up with a schedule for October, been a busy week at work and weekend away.

That said, been a quiet few weeks on the station front (which is fine) but got me wondering if interest is waning a bit here? Feel like the majority of us (myself included) have hit points where we can’t commit to the shows we wanted to do, and similarly I’ve not felt like I’ve been able to do the whole endeavour justice on the promotion side of things.

How’s everyone feeling about it?

1 Like

I’m struggling. I stopped the MG for the reasons stated before and I wanted to bring it back to commit but it’s not working.

I want to adhoc a show - even a live one, as that’d be better, so maybe I’ll do that - but trying to add monthly shows and do the edit is taxing on my mental health for the same reasons as before.

I love the station, but it is just not working out for me. That’s no good as I feel like I’m letting yih all down, all over again.

I need to think about it.