Dissonance Radio - Admin Stuff Thread

Sorry for the belated post @Badgerdeluxe, yesterday got away from me a bit

1 Like

Zero apologies required!

1 Like

Building up a pretty nice 2022 round up playlist, thanks everyone that’s contributed so far!

@DissonanceRdPrstrs sorry for the spam, but anyone who’s yet to send me their pick and is interested in taking part, I’ll be accepting submissions for the next couple of days still. Here’s the original post for more details

5 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

Here’s some fun, meaningless listening stats from the past half a year of our existence. Thanks everyone for getting stuck in and making it as special as it was.

104 shows released! :mirror_ball:
289 followers! :people_hugging:
2,555 total plays! :arrow_forward:
53,820 minutes listened! :mantelpiece_clock:
481 favourites! :heart:
130 reposts! :repeat:

Here’s to a dissonant 2023 :partying_face:

12 Likes

Fallen a bit behind but can confirm that this has finally been recorded and will be released tomorrow :+1:

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

How are we feeling about 2023 then?

I’m keen to kick off the long mooted new releases show - maybe as a monthly thing to start. I think it would be fun with a few hosts and everyone picks a few tracks. Anyone interested?

3 Likes

I think there are more regular contributors to the weekly release threads that’d be better for this than me, but if you need someone to make up the numbers I’m happy to volunteer!

(Also I think more generally a show like this would be a wicked idea)

1 Like

Think I would be! Would depend how the cohosting works out, because it’s sometimes awkward for me to commit to certain times and days too far in advance but we’ll see how it pans out.

1 Like

Yeah i know the idea has been discussed in them - I think I’ll put a general call out on both here and the social board, cos I’d like them to be gender balanced as far as possible as well.

@riverwise a good point on scheduling. It’s tricky because it does require a bit of pre-work by each host, so it cant be super last minute. Is two weeks ahead ok? I was thinking of going with teams of four, probably a two hour show(??) if monthly, so not a huge amount of work - probably five or six tracks each I guess.

My experience of wrangling multiple diaries of busy people in a work context is making me tempted to just set a time for recording and let people decide if they can do it, rather than trying to find a mutually slot. But also I’m aware that people can have standing commitments or just some times of day aren’t great for whatever reason. Hmm.

1 Like

I haven’t done a show, but I have done an ambient mix that I was going to upload this weekend in lieu of that

OK - so thinking about doing a pilot soon (next two weeks sometime) for January’s releases, with Dissonance regs for the first one only.

Here’s a form if you’d like to sign up/are interested and it has some more details on what is involved

@DissonanceRdPrstrs

5 Likes

I haven’t forgotten about this - I’ll get on the upload around 8pm

1 Like

2023 is the year I’m going to be involved. Big time.

Who do we pitch shows to?

2 Likes

Received, uploaded and scheduled for tomorrow morning :+1:

2 Likes

Ta. I need to get back to the shambolic live broadcasts again (but this mix is a goodun, I promise)

2 Likes

Send them to the dude wearing his brand new official secret santa Dissonance Radio beanie hat

(It’s me)

10 Likes

This is amazing. Do I get royalties?

1 Like

That beanie’s awesome!

I’ve pretty much got the track list sorted for the first Mire of the year, will aim to get it recorded sometime this week/weekend.

1 Like

Uploaded my first show of 2023!

2 Likes

First 2023 episode of room two done and will be uploaded later today!

3 Likes