Dissonance Radio - DiS Community Radio Station (Launch to Week 7)

MG216 being cut.

Ident fucking LOADED. Missed indents. Really elevates the show I think, genuinely.

4 Likes

That tracklist, belatedly:

VFOS - The Slow Dissolve
Space Afrika - Sd/TL
Cio D’or - Ur (Original Mix)
Lying Cat - With Occult Static
TV2 - 5mg
VFOS - Be Here When the Storm Comes
Pechblende - Glacial Lake Lullaby
Lost Trail - They Just Memories, Of Course
worriedaboutsatan - Apex Redditor
VFOS - Every Town a Ghost Town

2 Likes

Brilliant track title

6 Likes

Awww I wondered if Team Satan will become an a-list artist on the station?

Here’s what I played

Kathryn Joseph - What’s Keeping You Alive Makes Me Want to Kill Them

worriedaboutsatan- Sigourney Weaver Fanclub President

Lykke Li - Highway to Your Heart

Broken Social Scene - Lover’s Spit

Wye Oak - AEIOU

Caterina Barbieri & Lyra Pramuk - Knot of Spirit

Frances Grace Miller - Valley ft. Holly+

Cassandra Jenkins - It’s You (Animal Collective & Vashti Bunyan cover)

The Postal Service - Against All Odds (Phil Collins Cover)

The Anchoress - Enjoy The Silence (Depeche Mode cover)

Depeche Mode - Waiting for the Night

Depeche Mode - Halo (Goldfrapp Remix)

The Cure - World In My Eyes (Depeche Mode cover)

Nine Inch Nails - La Mer

Vangelis - Tears In The Rain

Hannah Peel & Paraorchestra - The Universe Before Matter

Elliott Smith - everything means nothing to me

Sorry - There’s So Many People That Want To Be Loved

Ghostpoet - Sorry My Love, It’s You Not Me (feat. Lucy Rose)

Julia-Sophie - Dial Your Number

Hatchie - Quicksand

Julia Jacklin - Lydia Wears A Cross

Library Tapes - Red Clouds

Bjork - Pagan Poetry (Music Box Version)

7 Likes

Downloaded the Mixcloud app, got some catching up to do! Sorry if I missed it but what’s the suggested donation to become a supporter of the station?

I’ve stuck a link to the folder with them all in the original post of the admin thread: Dissonance Radio - Admin Stuff Thread

1 Like

No suggested donation, the minimum is £1 and you can make that a one off donation or a monthly subscription. Any amount is very gratefully received.

Every month you donate I’ll come and ask you to pick a track for the next month’s edition of TOTAL Dissonance. So monthly supporters will get a pick every month, if that makes sense.

Here’s the link again for anyone coming at it fresh. If anyone has any questions at all gimme a shout!

1 Like

Enjoying catching up with everything I didn’t hear live. You’re all so bloody good at it, very well done. Great music too. Look forward to Friday, when you can all hear two idiots having a chat, seemingly in a different room.

4 Likes

Getting a bit anxious about Mozart’s Wife

Not sure whether to start a separate thread about it (probably should as I think I’ll need some help from the listeners later in the series) or keep it in this one?

Also, I really liked the liveness of the launch day - instant feedback & all that. Wondering if anyone would be up for a scheduled listen/listening party type thing?

4 Likes

Would Mixcloud let us do that? Didn’t @escutcheon have a show pulled because he played too many songs by the same artist? Perhaps you can get away with it live?

Do what? I’m not sure I understand/we understand each other?

It was in your response to a listening party, and it’s probably me misunderstanding things, after Tim Burgess has turned that phrase into “listening to a whole album collectively”. I know mixcloud has rules about too many songs by the same artist, although I’ve never fallen foul of them so don’t know how they work

Right. But I meant a listening party in the sense that we agree a time for everyone (or a bunch of us who want to) to listen to my Mozart’s Wife show collectively, as opposed just streaming whenever after it goes up on Mixcloud

1 Like

Really enjoyed @suapth set whilst walking around aimlessly yesterday
I caught a bit of @rob.orch show and liked what I heard
Saw the last half hour of Ghost Signals and thought it was incredible, will watch that back at some point
Will catch up with the rest of it at some point
Amazing effort everyone!

5 Likes

I reckon keep all the chat in here so we get a nice feedback loop from discussing all the shows in one place, but don’t think it matters too match!

As for the show itself, technically speaking we could:

• Stream the show ‘live’ and then upload the show itself afterwards for people to listen to after the fact as well. Only things to bear in mind is the stats and chat from the livestream aren’t saved afterwards.
  • Just leave it how it’s set up to publish at 5pm this afternoon and just arrange a listening party around that. So not livestreamed but people can still listen to it at the same time (and we can all chat about it here rather than on Mixcloud’s chat).

To me I think the latter makes sense if it’s a pre-recorded thing anyway, which is I think is what you’re suggesting - I think that’d be cool and if we promote the listening party chat as being on the forums (either this thread or a separate one, up to you) we could push some people this way to take part.

1 Like

Yeah, this was what I was thinking

Didn’t want to clog this thread up with polls & literature tips though

(Though I am aware that I’m clogging it up with admin chat now :dotted_line_face:)

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned show-chat is exactly what this thread is for! But yeah, up to you (and everyone else if anyone finds it annoying I guess!)

1 Like

How did Saint Etienne get away without crediting the writers of Genie in a Bottle on that track Action (from Rob On The Radio) :upside_down_face:

1 Like