#DiSStairsDay: how do you take your stairs?

One at a time? Two at a time? A mixture?

If I can take stairs two at a time, I will.

two at a time on the way up
one at a time on the way down

6 Likes

Very gingerly these days.

1 Like

Will often do that jumpy thing of swinging on both handrails at work to take the last five steps.

3 Likes

How many stairs/steps are there in your house? 19 for me. Great thread.

2 Likes

I think there are 22 in mine: 11 from the ground floor to the first floor, a step up along the landing, and then another ten going up to the top floor.

1 Like

^this

57 to reach the front door

1 Like

the people who live on the ground floor complain about us walking up the stairs too loudly…

Not on Stairbook

1 Like

Up the bum.

Two at a time on the way up, one at a time on the way down until it gets to the penultimate stair in which case I will take the bottom two in one go if I am kicking off my left foot and landing on my right but will take them one at a time if kicking off my right foot and landing on my left.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

With milk and two sugars

Y’know where I really have problems with this - steps that are quite far apart, like you might get where they’ve put steps in on a hill in a woodland footpath just by putting in risers but the tread is just earth (like this)

The treads are too far apart for one step but too close together for two!

2 Likes

This is an excellent post, well-researched, relatable and very well-executed. I’m in full-agreement.

3 Likes

agreed

but on the way down it is a lot of fun to bound down one step at a time

1 Like

I tend to run up stairs and jump down them, I cant help myself I just cant go up them slowly

There classic leaping stairs

I even looked up the terms “riser” and “tread” especially

1 Like