DIY stores

A thread to discuss our trips to, perusals around and favourite parts of stores.

Not interested in your projects ta, just the shopping experience.

For example me and V just went,
He buys a stick (dowel) , likes to try all the door knockers and bells. I like the garden centre and we both enjoy the power tool section.

I also got some paint testers.

1 Like

I also like trying the knockers

1 Like

They’ve opened up the car park burger vans again.

2 Likes

Like the wood area. Smells of wood.

4 Likes

Yes! Love that woody smell. And when you get them to cut the big bits in, err, smaller bits with the mega saw.

1 Like

Remember me and my mate going to one to buy a door once.

“Do you sell doors?”

“Yeah”.

doesn’t proceed to show us the doors

2 Likes

Had my best ever sausage barm the other week in a B&Q car park. Belting

1 Like

Love the door section too. Like looking at each door and imagining it might be my door. The I like to tip them all over one at a time from all leaning one way to all leaning the other, whilst gauging the weight of each one.

2 Likes

There was a period a while ago when one of the highest rated restaurants on TripAdvisor in Nuneaton was a burger van on an industrial estate. Sadly I can’t seem to find it now.

Not going might be my biggest regret.

1 Like

I like it when you can actually open them or they are like in a fan and you can flick through.

2 Likes

I feel properly middle aged when I walk into a DIY store with a tape measure in hand.

This is why I have a lifetime ban from Argos

Need some nails. I’m going to take in the ones I’ve got, and explain that I need some slightly different ones. Should get some good nail chat from them which I’m looking forward to.

I like saying “I’m just going to use the toilet” and head purposefully towards one of the display shitters.

4 Likes

Kids like getting in the bath / shower and obviously sitting on the fake toilets.

It’s all in all a great morning out.

1 Like

Then you’d have loved this place

Knob_Shop

1 Like

Tools. Not power tools. Just regular tools. Pliers, screw drivers etc.

1 Like

Some mega drill bits spotted today.

1 Like

Lamp section is good too when they have them all hanging down and it’s like a sparkly lit up tunnel

3 Likes

Our local one is banging, everything’s much cheaper than your B&Q and he’s provided a shitload of Ppe to local businesses for free. It’s a hole in the wall really but always has everything you want plus shit for the kids. Love it, been in there a bunch during lockdown, you should see my splashback fixings.

2 Likes