Do I shave wrong

or is it impossible to shave like they do on adverts, one uninterrupted clean stroke down the face and it obliterates all hairs in its path. If I do that it does more or less fuck all.

4 Likes

Shaving is really annoying; hate that I have to do it more than once a week. Last time I posted in the selfie thread it was having very recently shaved and I looked less terrible than normal.

i was very bad at shaving and my life has been immeasurably improved since i stopped doing it

7 Likes

Question for the girls/non binary/trans

Random chin hair

• Yes
  • Not on randomhairbook m9

0 voters

Yeah the way it is on adverts is bollocks. Takes me about three goes of each bit up and down to even make a difference.

1 Like

Thursday is tomorrow, mate

2 Likes

I’ve not shaved with a razor for about 15 years. I do not miss it.

2 Likes

Edited. Needlessly aggressive-sounding.

I only learned how to shave about a year ago, used to think I kept using blunt razors but it turned out I was holding the razor at the wrong angle. I’m 31.

1 Like

Anyone else get bare lazy and hop out of the shower when they’ve shaved their face the day before and just dry shave that foolish face?

• Without a thought
  • Hmmm, not sure I trust that idea, having watched adverts on the topic
  • Maybe if i ate more mackerel, eggs and peas, but no
  • Not even on razerbook
  • Electric shave wanker.

0 voters

I do my shaving at night before bed a few times per week, and my face always feels so good on the pillow afterwards that I sleep in the following morning. Happens every time.

3 Likes

Sort of? The main cheek bits and neck, yes. Chin and around the jaw, no, but that’s more about the lines than anything, I think.

(safety razor, change the blade every five shaves, Nivea sensitive shaving gel)

1 Like

Getting a beard trimmer and setting it to a certain length and shaving so all my hairs are the same length has been the highlight of my year.

7 Likes

i miss bits and they annoy me but it’s much less annoying and obvious than when i missed bits shaving

I have been clean shaven once in the last two decades. My kids both FREAKED OUT* and I’ve never been back to shaving. Which is a relief because a) I have moles that I nick and then bleed everywhere, b) my skin is sensitive as and gets rashy and c) CBA with that every day.

*Pretty much exactly this Oatmeal cartoon in fact.

I’m really bad at shaving

Should probably get a proper beard trimmer

I live in a flat share and every three weeks it’s my turn to clean the bathroom.
I use an electric razor which just throw the hairs all round the room. This requires a bathroom clean everytime I shave.

• It’s very clever that you now only shave once every three weeks
  • Stop being lazy and growing a half beard

0 voters

I really can’t stand the feeling of having a ‘beard’. I put it in inverted commas because I can’t actually grow anything decent, I just look like a guy who’s given up on hygiene.

I’ve been using an electric razor for a while now. Our sink at home got blocked and I was convinced it was my beard hairs. The electric takes AGES so now I keep leaving it too long and it’s not exactly pleasant. And because I am a cheap bastard I still need to whip out the old Mach III (or whatever the 5 blade version is) and tidy up after.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had a beard for many years and kinda fancy the feel of being clean shaven again. But I really don’t want to see my face sans beard again. Maybe I’ll get a fake beard.

1 Like

don’t think i’ve ever had a wet shave you know