Do 'kids these days' know much by... ?

I actually really like the melody of the verses of Sit Down. The chorus makes me want to destroy the speakers though.

I think Come Home was the only James song I ever made peace with. Laid always struck me as just an awful ‘lad’ song.

No love for Sometimes?

1 Like

I dunno. Honestly never really listened to them that much because I’ve never particularly cared for what I did hear.

You should listen to sometimes

And if you like that then Laid (album) is well worth your time. Eno worked complete magic with that band.

I’m a MASSIVE James fan. Love 'em to bits.

It’s amazing they were crushed out of the conversation by Grunge and Brit Pop.

I was massively into the James album Millionaires at the time, Just Like Fred Astaire is a tune.
Saw them about 10 years ago at Latitude, they were absolutely rubbish, which was a shame, most disappointing band I’ve ever seen live

I don’t know much James apart from Sit Down and Laid but I wouldn’t say a song that goes:

Dressed me up in women’s clothes
Messed around with gender roles
Dye my eyes and call me pretty

is particularly ‘laddy’. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The Lightning Seeds will always remind me of the Indie Club sketch from the Fast Show

2 Likes

Never heard those lines clearly, just all the opening lines bragging about having sex and talking about how she cums when she’s on top, which all seems very lairy lads’ talk to me.

Sounds like he’s considerate that his partner also enjoys herself :wink:

Hmmm…not sure I’d claim Carter USM were objectively better than Nirvana, but they were sure as hell objectively better than Menswear!

safetywink

1 Like

The thing is “kids these days” don’t know who Nirvana are either (or at least they didn’t until Primark started selling the smiley face t shirts).

I’m going to see Jesus Jones in November.

1 Like

Thanks to this thread I’ve just ordered one of these.

1 Like

they definitely do (even without the t shirts)

[citation needed]