Do the Hairy Bikers make ANYTHING nice? (This is the TV Chef thread)

They definitely have made things that are nice and look nice but I can’t think of many right now.

They did crumpets once and I think Welsh Rarebit?

Ah right, yeah, that’s balls as well but it isn’t the phenomena I was getting at.

That’s ok Ant,

Do you have any (sensible) suggestions as to what I should cook for me and my life partner this evening (quick and mess-free enough for me to get home at 6:15pm, cook, eat and tidy up before the football at 7:45pm)

You’ve incorrectly used the plural form there, friend

Oh I also have a Hairy Bikers book, which is basically mums’ recipes. I use a chicken tarka masala (?) recipe from there and also that’s where I get my spaghetti carbonara recipe from.

How about a simple spaghetti carbonara? That’s my go-to for a quick, easy but quite-nice meal and it’s also a bit of pre-match pasta.

Ooh can we have another very angry carbonara recipe argument thread (2 eggs, one extra yoke, no cream FYI)

It’s a go to but I make it a lot (2 eggs, 1 extra yoke, no cream FYI) but I’d quite like to try something different this evening

It doesn’t. It all looks like garbage.

Ha, I thought the same when I mentioned carbonara. But no thanks (roughly the same, plus a splash of white wine)

It doesn’t though

Ok, go to Bo’s grab some of their southern fried mini-fillets, smash em in the oven and then whack em in a wrap with some garlic sauce in that case.

Not in the mood for this argument today chaps (but no egg white ffs people)

Have you got any opinions about my chefs on tv who aren’t tv chefs thing?

I want dinner, not a snack, but thank you for your input

Tom Kitchin (who would fit into your appropriate names thread) does not have a good voice or face for being on the television

What’s wrong with this?

Or this?

Or this?

He was a suggestion in that thread actually and yes, I agree with you.

He’s also a very good example of a chef who is on telly without being a tv chef.

1 Like

They make a really nice homely feeling in my heart.

Yeah they’re great, been working through their diet recipes recently and some of them are banging