Do we get offended too easily ?

Probably worse right? You don’t choose where yr from, but you can choose yr religion.

I really hate this. People think I’ll be amused if they say ‘ey up lad’ and then talk in a bad Coronation St accent

Indian lad in work tries to do a manc accent at me all the time. It’s pretty funny to be honest

5 Likes

I HATE litter louts.
Indefensible.

3 Likes

Completely. Properly gets on my norks.

2 Likes

Very much depends how it’s done I guess. The other one I get quite a bit is my desk neighbour pretending not to understand me when I say words with a hard ‘a’ (e.g. ‘path’ rather than ‘paaarth’). But I know him well enough to just tell him he’s a cunt

weeeeelll

1 Like

all jokes are offensive which is why it’s better to try to never be funny

3 Likes

People have always gotten offended at things, but not felt comfortable speaking up about it. Many people feel safer doing so now. That’s why it seems like more people are getting offended at more things “these days”.

Happy to help.

8 Likes

Agreed. A couple of times I’ve picked up what they’ve dropped (old train tickets and chocolate wrappers) and said “excuse me I think you’ve dropped somethin” and given it to them back.

2 Likes

as much as Anne Robinson tries

2 Likes

be great if we could find a way to be at ease with how serious the world is and not try to retreat from all the pain and suffering and stress and injustice in the world under a shield of comedy.

Obviously that isn’t easy to achieve, I’m still working on it. Sometimes I will slip up and try to be funny and only catch myself later

What’s brown and sticky?

Loads of things, idk… caramel?

4 Likes

People who say stuff like this are basically just looking for an excuse to be casually racist. See also people who say they want to ‘keep politics out of it’ and then say something odious and political.

1 Like

Thatcherism

7 Likes

what about the shitting on cyclists on DiS? Can we be sure that all of the cyclists would feel ok speaking up if they were getting mocked?

Wish all jokes were like in Toy Story 4 and just based on our surroundings and doing silly things. Joking about people’s characteristics is lazy and easy.

1 Like

bikes are cheaper than cars though?

I know it comes from a place of irony on here etc and is not malicious but I’m interested in where my war on comedy would stop

can’t be arsed double checking, but are we 50 posts deep without a Tom Jones reference? For shame

5 Likes

cars are cheaper than aeroplanes though

1 Like