Do we know enough about Indonesia?

I’ve been to Bali, Java, Flores and Northern Sulawesi. So I know a fair bit…

Amazing Diving but I hated Java. Jakarta was a shithole.

1 Like

where do you claim to have been in Indienesia @japes

I accidentally flagged this

1 Like

The right outcome.

There was a guy on my course who was Norwegian by birth but had spent most of his life in Indonesia as his his dad worked in the oil industry there.

One of my workmates is Indonesian, he’s a great laugh, gbol.

This helping the thread?

1 Like

Oh god yes!

Lots of you-had-to-be-there moments with the guy, but I’ll tell one anyway.

Our team lead went on leave last week, so the lead covering for him sends the Indonesian guy an email asking for a status report on the team. He replied with one just sentence “Team is in chaos”, typing out loud as he did it. Very unexpected for the mundanity of a Monday morning, still makes me giggle when I think about it.

1 Like

I guess you had to be there.

8 Likes

been to quite a few parts. most of my time is spent on batam though. there’s a few touristy bits there, but it’s mostly industrial.

wouldn’t recommend it for a holiday

It was the first Asian country to qualify for a World Cup finals I believe

We went in the summer and it was great. The town and surrounding area of ubud are like nothing I’ve ever seen, every 50 yards is a sight that in other countries you would travel to visit and there is art everywhere.

Also visit jimbaran if you can and go to the seafood restaurants on the beach, you can get a truly amazing fish dinner for relatively cheap - loads of king prawns, lobster, squid that’s actually nice and more.

Great place

1 Like

It’s in my top 3 of places to go.

4 Likes

Just scrolled through the thread to see if anyone had mentioned this. It seems I am a bore when it comes to facts about Indonesia.

1 Like

There are 1340 recognised ethnic groups in Indonesia, which is something I find fascinating

1 Like

I’ve been there 4 times and only to 5 of the islands, so probably no.

Komodo dragons are as badass as you’d expect though. They can move!

Yes, in 1938! Travelled all the way to France to play one match against Hungary… and lost 6-0

Already fucking posted it

3 Likes