Do you call it Sunday Lunch or Sunday Dinner?

That’s right, it’s the Sunday Lunch/ Dinner Thread! This week featuring a poll in the OP! Things are getting quite exciting.

What do you call your main meal on a Sunday?

• Sunday Lunch
  • Sunday Dinner

0 voters

Please share details of the food you will be eating today. If you had a nice breakfast you can bet I am interested in hearing about that too.

I have had a fried egg on potato bread for breakfast. We bought some juicy little tomatoes from Lidl the other day so going to make bruschetta for an al fresco afternoon snack. Might make a cake…
Dinner will be a chicken, leek and ham filo pie served with roast new potatoes and maple glazed roast carrots and green vegetables TBC.

:taco::shallow_pan_of_food::burrito::green_salad::sandwich::ramen::hotdog::bento::stuffed_flatbread::spaghetti::pizza::curry::oden::stew::rice::moon_cake:

1 Like

Depends when it’s eaten

16 Likes

Today it’s dinner cause it’s gonna be a dinner time

1 Like

I approve of this dependsing.

2 Likes

Does anyone call it lunch even when eaten at dinner?

Dunno but it can definitely be a dinner at lunch time is it’s a roast

I would tend to refer to it as a Sunday roast.

1 Like

We eat our main meal at approx. 7pm on a Sunday so it’s dinner.

I have just eaten a pasty, a big bag of Walkers ready salted crisps, and a mint aero. Later we’re going to my parents house for roast brisket of beef.

2 Likes

Sunday lunch was a double quarter pounder with cheese, fries and coke zero. No idea what dinner is.

2 Likes

My bf has been making the most amazing smelling curry for the last two hours. Can’t wait to eat it. I’ve also been soaking some pineapple in rum and sugar for the past couple of days so going to griddle that up and plonk some cinnamon and ice cream on it for pud :yum:

3 Likes

I’m going to be having

Oven baked trout
New potatoes
Corn on the cob :muscle:

1 Like

That all sounds brilliant. What type of curry is it?

Don’t judge the amount of butter… I have to have some enjoyment

1 Like

Lunch is a daytime meal
Dinner is an evening meal

Hth

4 Likes

It’s Sunday, m4! Butter is required.

1 Like

Hth?

Happy to Help/Hope that Helps

1 Like

That was very helpful, thank you.

1 Like

But when do you eat tea, then?

1 Like

Dinner can be had at lunch time, but lunch cannot be had at dinner time.

3 Likes