Do you call your parent's house "home"? (Dreadfully tedious poll thread)

• My folks live in the house I grew up in and I call that house “home”
  • My folks have moved from the house I grew up in but I still call their new house “home”
  • My folks have moved from the house I grew up in but if they still lived there I’d probably call it “home”
  • My folks live in the house I grew up in but I don’t refer to their place as “home”.
  • My folks have moved from the house I grew up in but I wouldn’t call their house “home” anyway

0 voters

I call my folks house “home” and

• I’ve lived with my folks in the last five years
  • I’ve not lived with my folks in the last five years
  • I’ve not lived with my folks in the last ten years

0 voters

I don’t call my folks’ house “home” and

• I’ve lived with my folks in the last five years
  • I’ve not lived with my folks five years
  • I’ve not lived with my folks in the last ten years

0 voters

• I don’t think I’ve ever participated in a more boring and pointless poll
  • Thanks for another great poll, saps
  • I think saps should be cut into tiny pieces and fed to ocelots

0 voters

The last poll really needs to be multiple choice.

I’ve just moved back, so it’s def home for the foreseeable!

I can’t believe there is this many poll options but the one I need to be an available option doesn’t seem to be there!

That was deliberate.

“Home” = our flat in Catford.

My parents’ house is commonly referred to as “my parents’ house”.

Its “Home” because I’ve moved quick count 12 times in 14 years, and none of them have been home.

If I’d bought somewhere when I was 21 then that would be home.

I call both my parents house and my house ‘home’ even though they’re 400 miles apart. Regularly refer on here to their house as ‘our/my house’ which really isn’t true as I haven’t lived there for 15 years.

If I’m travelling or staying there, it’s home.

When I talk about my flat, that too is home.

Wherever I lay my hat etc.

Exactly this.

I do sometimes refer to their house as “mum and dads”, but also it’s sometimes “home” and always will be.

When I go back to the area I grew up (neither of my parents live there specifically anymore) I refer to it as “home”. But this is just lazy shorthand and I probably shouldn’t.

You do what you like Geoff and don’t let Saps bully you.

BONUS Q. My folks have moved away from the house I grew up in, and I miss that no longer being the case.

Y. But y’know I’m grown up now so it’s not an issue and nor should it be.

Oh I do what I like and I like what I do but many thanks all the same

Sorry if I embarrassed you. I’ll deal with saps later.

Solidarity brother

Would be a bit weird to call my current house home as everything is geared towards it being my housemate’s home with my landlord when they eventually get married. Her stuff takes up 90% of the house/storage space. It does irk me a bit.

I always felt a bit sorry for the people whose parents moved away as soon as they went to university. At Christmas/easter they were faced with a choice of going to stay with their parents but not being able to meet up with their friends, or the reverse, kipping on a mate’s couch, or a hectic couple of weeks involving lifts and travelling.

Yeah mine split up and sold the house pretty much as soon as I graduated. So I didn’t go through that. Mate of mine had his parents bail as soon as he left for university so he just got a job and stayed in that city over the holidays and that and he had a fucking awesome time. Best way of doing it I think but, yeah, can be tough.

My parents moved all my stuff into the loft and redecorated my room within 2 weeks of me moving out for uni. Still slightly traumatised by that.