Do you call your parent's house "home"? (Dreadfully tedious poll thread)

can you swear on this thing? fuck

3 Likes

My parents made my room into a spare room before I even went to uni and I get the sofa bed in the box room if I visit, but my mum still gets annoyed that I don’t call it home anymore.

Pretty sure that if we fell on hard times that the TV’s parents would be secretly delighted for us to move in with them.

this calls for another poll! if you did move home

• my parent(s) would be delighted
  • they’d be fine with it
  • they’d be slightly put out
  • they’d be horrified
  • none of the above eric ffs

0 voters

You forgot the ‘already had to move back home’ option :pensive:

3 Likes

you can just vote how they are about it :smiley:

They’d see it as an intense personal failing on my part. My brother had to move back in after he got kicked out of uni and they’ve never let him forget it.

1 Like

my dad would act like it was fine and that he would be looking forward to it and then absolutely hate every minute of it

I think that still puts me down for the ‘none of the above’ option (roughly: happy that I am not homeless, not thrilled to have to put up with me).

1 Like

I’m probably being a bit harsh saying they’d be horrified. I just think we’d end up massively annoying each other after about a week.

Mine would be delighted, mainly because I currently live a 24 hour flight from them, but also because through living said distance away from them I have become capable of being affable and charming for the vast majority of the two weeks every 18 months I see them. This has led them to forgetting what an awful prick I can be.

3 Likes

I live less than 2 miles away from my mum and visit very regularly as she’s lives by herself. She has space and has said I’m welcome if I ever want to save some cash but I like having my own space

I’ll refer to my hometown as home but not to either of my parents’ houses as home