Do you ever bother with communication in your work/university etc?

i have no unread emails in my inbox, but 179 unread emails in my deleted items

Always try to read the emails otherwise I miss the ones telling me about the free doughnuts in the kithen.

1 Like

Weekly newsletter and the press releases at my current institution are much better than the uni where I did my PhD, so I usually give them a read.

Yes I do

My office wants us all to use Yammer. It’s full of try-hard bellends so I don’t .

Yammer is a freemium enterprise social networking service used for private communication within organizations.

Fuckoffium.

We used to get a chummy weekly update from the principal which was clearly an attempt to change staff perception that she was a monster who’d been promoted way above her station and held the entire staff in contempt.

Since she left, the replacement principals only email with more important stuff.

I read every email that comes in but delete most quite quickly. I definitely don’t get as many as some of the big dogs on here but I am a bit OCD about not knowing stuff and wouldn’t be able to cope with information being filed without me looking at it.

We had yammer for a bit until someone got called a ‘ripoff fucking cunt’ for selling a bike that later got a flat tire and then the link vanished from the intranet. Also someone created an account in the name of a cat belonging to an infamous cat lady who works here and started posting replies about buying cat food whenever she posted anything.

2 Likes

Do you have Lync? That’s what our lot use. Quite good for sending massive strings of emojis when someone is running a PowerPoint on their shit laptop during a meeting and making it freeze, and then skipping multiple slides at once due to their frantic clicking.

Patrick Wolf’s PA?