Do you ever feel like just the least capable person ever?

Lol ofcourse

Socratic paradox, innit

1 Like

on the topic of imposter syndrome, i used to/get it a lot, but recently have come to the conclusion that no one really knows what the fuck they’re doing anyway, so sod it.

3 Likes

I’ve realized in the last 6 months that I am a complete idiot. Probably better than when I was 17 and thought I was the smartest person ever

3 Likes

A hundred times ^this.

I just can’t do anything. I’ll spend all my courage and energy getting to the point of doing it, that I will then just fuck any actual execution up from the beginning to end without fail.

One of the nicest things one can do for a parent is to say, “You were right”.

1 Like

i sometimes get imposter syndrome just for wearing a hat. i don’t wear it that often so when i do i’m paranoid that people can see through it and that i’m not a natural hat wearer, i’m a fraud.

11 Likes

I recognise this

what helps me is always trying to take inspiration from the success & ambition of others rather than feel intimidated by it. Use it as a model to try and emulate rather than something impossible that you can never hope to live up to

you’ll still fuck up on the way but you’ll learn from your fuck ups rather than allowing them to be an excuse for you to shy away from throwing yourself into stuff - that is to say that the reality of fucking up is never usually as bad the fear of fucking up, plus this can often take unexpected serendipitous turns if you don’t hold too tightly to control & ego etc

as I always say, take a leaf out of homer’s book

8 Likes

not gonna edit that.

6 Likes

it’s in the right thread

3 Likes

What is it you feel like you should be doing?

I don’t even know wr, I just know I can’t do it.

yeah you can, humans can do all sorts of stuff

it’s kind of amazing really when you think about it

you’re amazing Ruffers - no word of a lie

1 Like

I create ATP like the badass motherfucker that I am. Fuckin’ respiratory chains 4 lyfe.

alright Barry Hogan

You’re good at your job!
And you are lovely and excellent, joyful company :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And I’m absolutely not ‘just being kind’ I’m saying this because it’s true and you deserve to feel better about yourself and I like you lots x

1 Like

Everyone.

The entire world, every single person doing every single job ever, all of them. It’s getting done the night before or the morning of. Competence is a myth; it’s just the ability to improvise well enough that you don’t get found out.

2 Likes