Do you find the more enthusiasticaly you recomend somthing to a friend

gave one of my best mates a book nearly a year ago, literally the best book i’ve ever read

he still hasn’t read it, will take him 90 minutes max

fucking infuriating

What book?

I am usually the friend in this situation, tbf.

I basically never take advice on recommendations. I just say alright cool, I’ll definitely check it out, then don’t. Sometimes miss out on stuff, sometimes don’t, what a fucking crazy life eh!

1 Like

Everyone keeps on reccomending suits… suits is so shit

1 Like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seven-Brief-Lessons-Physics-Rovelli/dp/0141981725/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501544277&sr=8-1&keywords=7+brief+lessons+on+physics

if anyone is put off by the title, don’t be!

it’s easy enough to understand even if (like me) you’ve not studied physics since GCSE (which was ages ago)

probably just found something better to do (like post on DiS)

I keep seeing this in my local waterstones, one of the best books you’ve ever read you say?

I am going to take this good recommendation and order it now. Thank you.

yes

Better than Cosmos by Carl Sagan?

haven’t read that

Just ordered Seven Brief Lessons on Physics to read on holiday next week :ok_hand:

So have I! and the natural tooth brushes mentioned in the mouth thread.

1 Like

I will never check out any recommendation made to me IRL by one of my mates unless it’s music recommended to me by very specific friends that I trust.

What about a recommendation from a stranger on the internet to listen to a classic Rolling Stones album? :wink:

NEVERS

Miserable garbage

awesome i look forward to thoughts from you and @Raanraals

can’t wait to tell my friend that he’s fallen behind two internet people in accepting my recommendations

it’s especially frustrating cos we’re constantly sending each other links of stuff to read/listen to online so i know he’s consistently interested in literally everything else i send him