Do you get on with your sibling(s) (Tuesday Sibling Series)

Sorry to hear that Bam :frowning: I donā€™t really have anything useful to say other than that

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a half brother and sister (letā€™s hear it for half siblings), both older

Although I put Yes to the initial questionā€¦my relationship with my brother is incredibly distant. Weā€™re civil and everything (cordial, even)ā€¦but pretty much only keep in touch because it would upset my mum if we didnā€™t. Just have absolutely nothing in commonā€¦though I kind of wish we worked on this as neither of us are typically masculine men, so maybe weā€™d agree if we spoke more.

Relationship with my sister is a lot better. Sheā€™s always looked out for me and I appreciate that, her partner is an absolutely lovely guy, too. She has a daughter nowā€¦I just have to be careful not to make my preference for her over my brotherā€™s children not so obvious when weā€™re all together.

get on with them yeah, not super close with any of them these days I guess but see them fairly often when iā€™m at my parentsā€™. iā€™m the youngest of four and always felt like the others might all be slightly closer than i am with them, my two GAA-playing brothers particularly, though i get on the most with the brother who is most similar to me, particularly when heā€™s along with his now-wife whoā€™s lovely. stayed with them for a few weeks once and have been out drinking with them from time to time. used to have a bigger musical bond with my other brother when we were teenagers and would jam together and stuff but he completely lost interest in indie bands and all that at a certain point and we donā€™t have as much in common anymore, he was saying recently he feels guilty for not staying in touch with me as much as he should but i still see him often enough. my sisterā€™s the oldest and has lived in Liverpool since i was about 10, iā€™m the only one whoā€™s never gone over to stay with her actually but sheā€™ll text now and then to keep in touch. i used to be quite bad at remembering to reply but sheā€™s set up a group chat with all the siblings now so iā€™m better at it.

was my brotherā€™s wedding quite recently sandwiched between a couple of friendā€™s weddings, was a bit of a nice change to be away doing stuff with the family.

Very close with both of them. Older sister is a very kind thoughtful woman. We used to squabble a lot as children but we are now best friends.

Little brother is moderately autistic and may need me or my sister to look after him in the future. Heā€™s a lovely young man and loves chatting to me about films and cartoons.

3 Likes

Jesus, I saw that first line and I was likeā€¦ bruv? How many Yeovil supporting DiSers can there be?

Unfortunately I doubt that he or any of my family noticed the depression I suffered in my 20ā€™s and I donā€™t have an awesome girlfriend :frowning: When me and my ex broke up he sent her some abusive text messages which were meant to be supportive but made her incredibly difficult to deal with from then on.

Weā€™re not close. I see the family when I go up to Somerset for football and Christmas but I canā€™t remember the last time he visited, would have been quite a few years ago.

When we were younger my mum kept us apart all the time and as a result when we get together we have no shared experiences or stories to reminisce about. I see my cousins talking about the trouble they used to get into and it makes me feel sad because our childhoods were spent entirely apart and we have no stories. We get on better now but we have no history and not that much in common.

1 Like

GBOL

4 Likes