Do you got a tattoo?

Just checking in case you went ahead with it and then had to endure a lifetime of people asking you about an album you aren’t aware of!

1 Like

May I talk piercings in this thread?

Got my earlobes pierced (2 in each lobe) for the first time about a month ago after realising how cool earrings look on people with short hair. The swelling was actually more annoying than I anticipated and getting them snagged on the loops of your face mask was Not Fun.

That is beautiful. How do they do the white highlights? is there a white ink they use?

This sounds like a stupid question when I type it out loud.

but seriously - that is a very nice tattoo. not even a tat fan.

(got my TERRIBLE probably-racist/cultural-apropriation “TRIBAL” 90s tat lasered off years ago)

how much does a piece like that cost if you don’t mind me asking.

No idea how you even get that good.

2 Likes

lots of sympathetic teenage friends who now have quite bad but steadily improving tats?

1 Like

That is a stunning tattoo @Squandered - a real work of art.

I’m getting itchy for another one but while I still absolutely love my first one I don’t love my second and feel I rushed into it a bit. It’s a bit too dark whereas I was after something a bit more…delicate. Even though I am not remotely delicate. Anyway. Will give it a bit more thought next time as don’t want to end up regretting two of them!

1 Like

Got a moon for a multitude of reasons that mostly boil down to the moon being beautiful.

Also a penguin because they are cute.

22 Likes

Really getting the itch for a second tattoo

1 Like

Same. Want another animal. Might get a puffin or a tortoise

1 Like

got this between lockdowns last year

home is where the heart is, innit

12 Likes

Facemasks are a nightmare for me as I wear glasses most of the time plus have a scaffold piercing in my left ear - add in mask straps and there is too just much going on in that ear! Lost track of the number of times during the last year when trying to take my mask off I’ve ended up with my glasses in the floor and my ear attached to my mask :roll_eyes:

Yes, yes, I am the real victim of the pandemic…

1 Like

Sorely tempted to get these…

10 Likes

Put little hoops in…much less catchy

Hi

Is it unethical to copy someone else’s tattoo if you get it from the same artist? E.g. an artist posts a picture on their Instagram and you’re just like yeah I want that one too

it’s a bit weird, and i don’t think most tattoo artists would do it unless it’s a piece of their flash? i’m sure they’d be happy to do you summat similar though if you get in touch with them

2 Likes

“Hiya mate can I have that tribute to Dave’s Nan on my calf?”

7 Likes

think you’d have to approach the artist and say something like “I really like that one you put on Instagram, could we work on doing something similar but with a different spin”

3 Likes

It’s quite a whimsical design so it doesn’t seem ~deeply personal~ and I googled it and saw a very similar tattoo from a different artist so maybe it’s a common idea idk. have emailed them to ask if they can do something similar but I think they’re fully booked now