Do you got a tattoo?

Lot of straight lines is going to be tricky even with a great (and steady handed) artist depending on placement as it’ll wrap and morph around the curvature of your flesh and distort the image

depends where its going/size etc :person_shrugging:

Save it for Thursday m9…

1 Like

big Chk Chk Chk fan?

2 Likes

‘Shit’ is harsh, because tattoos are all personal and if you like it then who cares what someone else says etc etc

But I don’t think it’d look great tbh

Nah it was a genuine opinion canvas. I quite like the idea of something geometric but the point about sticking onto bendy curvy skin is probably fair

1 Like

18 Likes

Plenty of good artists will be happy doing straight lines, but your skin stretching or whatever could mean it doesn’t look as sharp in the future, and shading might need redoing as well.

There’s an artist I’ve had my eye on for a while and he’s coming to Stockholm! Love his stuff but he is hilariously expensive and I’m not sure that’s a good idea for my first tattoo. idk. Might schedule a consultation just to see.

Anyone got any Manchester/greater area artist recommendations?

Got an itch that my wife is allowing me to scratch but it’s been nearly 20 years so not up to speed!

what sort of style are you looking for? i’d prob recommend having a look at local studios on insta as they’ll repost stuff by their artists. can fully recommend bloom street and tooth & talon as places to start looking

Loads of tips but just a warning…youll probably be waiting another 20 years (thia is my satirical take on good tattoo waiting lists and insane booking process in the last 15 years or so)

1 Like

Cheers, dude. Yeah, I’ve been browsing around but i like a first hand recco if i can and i don’t have insta which seems to be a disadvantage.

Guess it’s a trad linework kind of thing I’m looking for but not against something more modern (?).

Somewhere on this scale. The woodpecker is non-negotiable according to my offspring, though.

20190806_2Bcsl5nHvbKOg2r (1)

4 Likes

lauren at bloom street has done a couple of lovely birds for me, her stuff is pretty trad. more colourful than those but she’s done b&w stuff for gf as well

1 Like

Excited Seinfeld GIF

Aces! Thanks, man.

1 Like

I have a lovely goldfinch by Lauren

But Matt Cooley might be better for the style you want

2 Likes

Fuck yeah! Think I’m in good hands with these as a starter.

Really appreciate it, you guys :heart:

that’s who i was trying to think of with that second picture

1 Like

Yeah really reminded me of him (though a lot of his recent insta work looks different- he’s deleted loads of his great early stuff for some reason)