Do you guys make your own pizzas?

yeah, i buy pre made bases, slap a bit of dolmio and some pre-grated cheese on them, micro for 4 mins and yuuuuummmmy!

2 Likes

I do not make my own pizzas.

don’t think I’ve ever seen pizza places using a pizza stone

Have done once or twice. Probably should do it more. My ideal pizza would cost about £15 to make on its own from scratch so… just buy a decent supermarket one and a tin of anchovies instead. Job done.

I also fucking love those cheap pizzas that they also make in chicken shops and the like. My local one 9" with 4 toppings and some chips costs £5. Just can’t complain about that.

no shame in a ketchup layer on a toastie

I do it on a tray for a bit then shunt it off on to the shelves for like 5 mins

crispy base!

1 Like

that’s because they use a proper woodfired oven, right? the stone is meant to mimic one, but they’re a bit shit.

It’s really easy, just takes a little bit of time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4683/pizza-margherita-in-4-easy-steps%3Famp

(then a million variations on that)

Yeah it’s pretty easy. Annoying having to clear up the inevitable flour mess afterwards though.

yeah I guess it’s just practice

i’m going to be honest pals at twenty past nine on a tuesday I expected this to have caused more arguments by now

1 Like

actually i wrote that in jest then remembered that when I was about 10 my mum taught me to make “pizza” exactly like this but substitute the pizza base for a slice of white bread and the grated cheese for thick slices of cheddar

I considered having a go at @Bamnan but then realised he was mainly correct

I do every now and again. It’s not much cheaper than a takeaway and rarely as good but I just like faffing about in the kitchen and kneading dough is quite cathartic. I went through a phase of making a massive one and leaving it in the oven while me and the gf went to the pub, then when we got back I could just switch the oven on to avoid the temptation of buying a takeaway. That saved a few quid.

as the great @discobot once said, never mistake activity for achievement

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

we all know the three things you can do, dick

5 Likes

Confucious say to the lazy and the depressed activity can certainly be considered achievement.

nah it is i just always say that about cooking because people get overly into it here

1 Like

Doing things can sometimes be enjoyable imo