Do you have a nice voice?

Nah, sorry. I didn’t mean it to be poignant particularly, it’s just something I find hard to do. My brain will just leap ahead with words or put the wrong word in place because it thinks that’s the way it should be.

I quite often end up rephrasing sentences because my brain thinks it’ll be Character said XXX rather than XXXX said Character, as written.

Ah I get you. I know what you mean: I’ll say “shouted” instead of “screamed” and one of my daughters will correct me.

I’m a big fan of “When We Were Very Young” by AA Milne. I’m glad that they’ve not quite grown out of it yet.

Yeah, luckily she’s not reading yet but if she knows a book really well she’ll correct me :smiley:

1 Like

I’m rather self conscious of my voice and as a result I’m very quiet.

It’s probably due to the fact I went to quite a rough South London school and we lived on a council estate. I did have a very “South Landan” accent.

But going to Uni and working in an office working with various people who went to private school, Oxford Uni, Imperial, Surrey and generally being posher than me I’ve lost some it.

Some still mock and pick me up on things that I let slip out.

But I take it as a compliment that i didn’t have the same upbringing as them but they are no further forward in life than me.

5 Likes

Don’t really like my own voice, but who does? Did some voiceover stuff for my previous company which I can send to you to listen to if you like. Also do VOG stuff at my current company events as well so it can’t be terrible, but might not be what you’re looking for.

Thank you DB!

more posh than me?

I sound posh as fuck, let’s have a posh fight! (BTW I hate my stupid Surrey vowels and it has caused me a bit of trouble living, as I do, in Wales)

I’d love to help out

I have equipment

I have a voice, it’s not too bad

I also know plenty of other people with nice voices if you need more than just me

:+1:

Only recording of my voice I have is from about a month ago, and I’m talking to a friend’s little brother for his media studies homework. Will send if anyone’s interested.

can’t believe you’re actually posh, seems so antithetical to your persona on here.

Apparently my accent has a bit of an Australian according to some customers at work. A mixture of that and a rubbish Portsmouth accent, with a slight lisp. Not good.

Slightly nasal, boring, non-descript Northern accent here.

interested to know what my persona is on here, now.

you know, massive cunts can be posh too! (unbelievable, I know)

gary neville?

I liked your accent!

nah, you’ve got a good voice. I’d label it as ‘mysterious and wistful’ and 100% surrey (like me)

1 Like

Cheers man.

Nah you’re probably not really posh just brought up in that area of the world right?

You’re like a scrappy underdog who wears his heart on his sleeve and never gives up. THats how I see you anyway.

1 Like

naw, cheers man. I like that. not as scrappy as our very own scrappy @Ruffers doo though.

and yeah, everyone from Surrey talks like this.