Do you have any appliances you have to trick?

The front right hob sometimes doesn’t ignite so I say out loud “I don’t think I need this one actually” and that normally gets it working.

Don’t so much as even glance at Brian the coffee machine when he’s brewing cause if I do he takes longer.

12 Likes

I have to trick my shower taps into thinking I’m turning the cold water up sometimes

1 Like

The washing machine.

I wash most things on setting 3 but if you turn it off with that setting still selected when you turn it back on it sets the time all wrong. I then have to trick it by switching it to another program for like 10 seconds, then back to 3 and its fine.

1 Like

the oven likes to think that i’ve set the temp at 180C from the dial, but it’s actually at 190C, meaning baking always burns

The bath’s hot tap doesn’t give me any hot water until I turn on the cold tap in the bathroom sink for a few seconds. Shits itself that it’s not needed any more and blasts out the hot

11 Likes

So the appliance has tricked you?!

2 Likes

Really good stuff

1 Like

wait

5 Likes

Yeah, this is the trick I play on the shower as well

1 Like

Not an appliance as such but have to give the kitchen scales a bit of a tap to get them working. Should probably just buy a new one, assume they’re pretty cheap.

1 Like

a couple of times (pre-summer) i’ve turned on the heating and the boiler hasn’t come on. so i’ve had to turn on a hot tap to trick the boiler into coming to life and heating the water, and then when i turn the tap off it stays on and switches to heating

2 Likes

The bottom mortice lock on the front door (which rarely gets used). Try to turn it to unlock and you’ll meet stiff resistance - a gentle turn clockwise, as if you’re testing it’s locked, then a swift turn anti-clockwise, and you’re in, the silly sod falls for it every time.

3 Likes

Got some scales that turn off automatically if it hasn’t seen any weight change activity for a while, problem is it thinks ‘a while’ is about ten seconds. So I make sure to give it regular taps so it doesn’t turn off and mess up my measurements.

My key fob only works on one side so I have to trick it by using the wrong side first without fail

2 Likes

My bluetooth earbuds have slightly dodgy connections with the charging unit so I always have to waggle them in the tray a bit until I see two red charging lights.

1 Like

Not an appliance but when im waiting for a delivery that hasn’t even been shipped yet i like to think my clicking on track order several times will remind the seller I’m waiting

3 Likes

The washing machine.

The ideal setting for most washing is number 3. Over the past year, the washing machine will beep three times during the cycle. It got progressively more frequent to the point that it was doing three beeps almost constantly throughout the cycle.

Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep.

Beep-beep-beep.

Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep. Beep-beep-beep.

Beep-beep-beep.

Beep-beep-beep.

It doesn’t been when using a program on the other side of the dial, like the rarely-used number 10.

Solution: start it going on number three, then IMMEDIATELY turn the dial round to number 10.

I am now in beep-free bliss.

3 Likes

Omg mine beeped the entire 2 hours the other day. It sure was something

1 Like

It’s horrible, isn’t it? If you’ve got a dial on your machine, definitely give the ‘spin to the other side of the dial once it’s going’ trick a go.

Fingers crossed for you pal.

Supposedly it’s a fixable problem by getting into the washing machine and cleaning the contacts on the circuit board… but it’s a right pain in the arse getting into it in my small kitchen. I’ll live.

1 Like