Do you have any personal boycotts?

The brexit ones: Wetherspoons, Dyson, JCB

Not really boycotts, but I avoid Apple products because I find their brand abhorrent and Virgin because Branson’s a cunt.

Wish I could be bothered to do a Nestle boycott, they’re awful but they make EVERYTHING.

3 Likes

The George, one of Dublin’s only gay bars - purely cos I was in there every week during college and got sick to the back teeth of the shitty layout and overcrowding

1 Like

True, it’s only manageable for me because I grew up not using much of their stuff so I didn’t feel like I missed it. Would be very hard to start it up afresh if I’d got used to their stuff.

Haven’t ordered anything off Amazon for probably the best part of a decade, firstly for the tax stuff and latterly the working conditions. Really quite difficult at times.

6 Likes

Oh yeah I pretty much avoid amazon. Mostly for their Jeremy Clarkson association.

1 Like

Where do you get your diggers from these days?

3 Likes

This is one I want to do too. I’ve got a lot better, but fuck me it’s convenient isn’t it.

They’re helping me avoid them lately as I hate the way I have to navigate the page to avoid accidentally signing up to PRIME. It’s like a logic puzzle.

Morrissey

5 Likes

Like you, loathe nestle because they have the blood of many babies on their hands and they do not GAF.

However unlike you I’m not so successful at boycotting them- I think I was ok under they acquired loreal and I started running out of patience with keeping up with which brands they owned. I do however shout about how much I hate them and try not to eat kitkats- does that work?

1 Like

got a very soft starbucks boycott for that reason

ie will go anywhere else given the choice but if it’s the only place in an airport or something i have no integrity

3 Likes

Manchester Utd players in fantasy football teams. Felt like cheating back in the day, and now not worth sullying the squad with.
Always have, always will.

7 Likes

I’m a Caterpillar man these days.

2 Likes

EVERYTHING

Struggle with this because he’s obviously an objectionable cunt, but I’m afraid my heart does still leap for some of his songs.

2 Likes

Vernon Kaye

That’s just having decent taste in coffee though innit

1 Like

fair

1 Like

Nestle and Amazon

I don’t find it that hard until I get a craving for a KitKat Chunky Peanut but I grab something like a Wispa Gold instead before I get tempted

1 Like

I’m so much better at boycotting bad artists with filthy pasts/bigoted views than corporations and companies who are almost definitely more evil.

5 Likes

Oh and Brand New obviously

1 Like