Do you have any regular weekly highlights?

SFPP

2 Likes

Friday: No More Jockeys, and no more work

The rest is unmitigated shite

I mean, I play footy every Thursday evening at half 9 I guess?

otherwise I donā€™t really have much of a routine :confused:

Routine can be a bit deadening if itā€™s not for enjoyable reasons, though. I suspect if there was a camera in my house in the years before all this happened you could have watched the footage of me getting up at the alarm, getting ready for work and leaving between 6 months ago and 5 years ago and apart from maybe the colour of my shirt It would probably almost be exactly the same, within seconds.

1 Like

Porridge in the winter, thatā€™d be the only difference

1 Like

Pre-covid - doing my nails on a Sunday and being the only person in the gym on a Friday evening

Now - dunno really, the days all blur into one

D&D on Monday evenings
Games & zooms with my atdā€™s on saturdays

Thatā€™s about it though

May I recommend pizza on a Friday as standard? Often wish I could have pizza earlier in the week, but then when it gets to Friday it helps with the pre-weekend dread.

1 Like

Oh if weā€™re talking food, we have fish & chips on a Friday and Chinese on a Saturday :yum:

1 Like

Coronation Street on Mondays and Wednesdays. Getting pissed on Friday evening or Saturday. Thatā€™s it. :frowning:

What is it with you guys and really late football?!

1 Like

Pre-covid: Wednesday night pub quiz
Friday night: games night

Now: Wednesday night: meal out and board games

have been meeting up nearly every thursday with pals in the park for tins and pizza during lockdown. itā€™s been nice.

1 Like

I hang a small hand drawn portrait of Stan Lazaridis from a tree on Tuesday mornings.

8 Likes

Used to go into the comic shop on Wednesday to get new comics, then have pie and peas for tea and read comics.

I no longer know what day it is.

I read the new Autosport on Readly every Thursday
Fixed weekends off work, a recent highlight
F1 most Sundays nowadays

last saturday (22nd), dowling and hadley freeman within 3 pages both wrote in very pro magnum ice cream sections. hmm. donā€™t remember either having ever written about magnumā€™s before.

one of my regular weekly highlights is saturday going through the guardian tv guide, marking what i plan to watch. noticed get on up is on telly this week and was going to post it to the chadwick boseman thread.

a few radio shows i always listen, but normally on catch up, so not tied to particular days.

been loving table tennis on sundays the last few weeks, but one of my buddies is busy today, so itā€™s tomorrow instead. bank holiday!

1 Like

No More Jockeys on a Friday has been by far the most consistent weekly high of the last couple of months for me.

And also, normally on a Sunday evening, (but now, when I think about it, I should probably make it more consistently every Sunday evening, because if weā€™ve learned anything from this thread, itā€™s that having these reliably regular weekly things, especially just now, is really very important indeed, and probably very healthy on all sorts of levels) Mrs Rangus and I play a nice board game, normally one with a cosy theme and nice amount of strategic depth - just now, weā€™re loving Paris: La CitĆ© de la LumiĆØre - and we have a glass or two of a favourite red wine.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know horse racing was experiencing such a renaissance on dis