Do you invert your Y axis?

susanalbumparty

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Where’s the option for ‘sometimes’?

FPSs ‘No’, Flight sims and third-person cameras ‘Yes’.

That’s the craziest approach of all!

You’re out of your element here marckee.

Depends if you think you are controlling someone’s eyes/head (FPS) or a joystick (flight sims), innit?

I don’t really know. My recollection was that it was always the ‘correct’ way in the early 90s, which was that you pushed the mouse or joystick forward for diving and pulled back to draw up.

However, I seem to recall early 2000s (?) that it seemed this was considered ‘reversed’ so I presumed that for consoles players had got used to using things the other way around?

*NB: I have not played a game where this is relevant in about 10 years.

You don’t really control eyes though, it’s head movements innit. If you were to look down at your shoes then your head moves forward. The counter argument to this probably makes more sense though if I’m honest.

Definitely makes sense for flying. In other circumstances, it’s a no from me.

What about an FPS like Battlefield that turns into a flight sim in places? Hmm? WHAT THEN FOXY?!?!

I do it so up is up and down is down just like God and the Universe intended. Unless it’s some kind of flying then it’s ok cos realism is important.

I hope I never play one of those games. Never.

Unless they flip the axis is suitable in which case… maybe.

It gives you different setting for different vehicles doesn’t it?

I’m sure the default for flying in any game is to invert it, isn’t it?

If you were to put your thumb atop the head of a friend and you wanted them to look down, which way would you push?

Just tried this

Their head didn’t move

Look in your heart sticky, you know the answer to be an inverted y axis.

It makes no sense for aiming, etc though…

does it? I don’t know. I’m doubting myself now

Look in your heart…

@AphexTwinkletoes

#smh

Oh hang on…missed the bit about “your friend”…was trying on a proven enemy with no joy

Just tried on a friend - all good now

I’m used to FPSs from their heyday on the PC though, usually controlled by the mouse, so forward is up, towards you is down.