Do you keep using a non-stick pan even if the non-stick coating is coming off?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’m going to die, aren’t I?

enjoy flakey burnt bits of pan at dinner

Its cancerogenic isnt it?

• Yes
  • yes

0 voters

Alright, Marckee.

Everybody dies

Don’t think I’ve ever had a non-stick pan with bits coming off? Like, it’s been scratched, but never flakey or anything.

Thank goodness.

It’s normally fine for years if you don’t use metal on it. Probably fit for the bin after 5 or 6 though

I had a non-stick cake tin that started flaking

I did carry on using it - but using baking parchment to protect my delicious cakes from the black death flakes

I can’t remember if I still have it or not - I’ve not baked a cake in ages

Thanks

I’ve got a wok from Lidl and it started coming off after one use

I never use metal, but no matter how many times I tell Mrs HYG, she continues to.

Maybe if I tell her she’s poisoning us all, she’ll listen.

In my first houseshare I had a quite posh non-stick frying pan that my mum had given me (hoping that this would make me eat properly obviously). I looked after it with religious zeal, but one day the Aussie bloke I was sharing with used it to make some sort of ratatouille thing and must have stirred it constantly with a fork or something, because afterwards the whole pan surface was shreds and flakes. His dinner must have been fucking disgusting, and yeah hopefully he’s got cancer now.

It is an issue. Even decent cookware can be destroyed by a motivated enough Australian.

ask them if it’s meant to do that

Please. Having become sick and tired of the nonstick coating deteriorating in under 12 months, I decided to splash out on a Le Creuset nonstick pan that cost about $200 (over 100 of your english pounds). 12 months later: nonstick coating deteriorating.

And, no, I don’t use metal utensils — wood and plastic only. I do, admittedly, cook over a medium to high heat, and it’s the higher heat that’s doing the damage. But the point is that it’s got nothing to do with cheap v. quality.

That’s probably about £10000 (pounds) today