Do you know anyone who lives in a shed?

or in a van?
Or has built a house out of shipping containers?

If so, are they happy?

Someone on facebook has bought a transit with a view to living in it… seems like fun

I do not know anyone who lives in a shed or a van or anyone who has built a house out of shipping containers.

2 Likes

If you did, do you think they’d be happy?

can’t be certain either way

I know someone who lives on a canal boat. Resembles a shed and a van in many ways.

Human beings are complex, multi-faceted creatures. I think they might be happy sometimes but I would very much doubt any claim that their default state was happiness.

go on…

I think that’s a great idea!

1 Like

My ex’s brother lived in a really pimped out shed in their garden. It was basically like a studio flat, properly plumbed in etc. He is pretty happy I think but still a bit bummed out that he basically still lives at home with his parents.

Lots of people in London pretend they live on boats, but in reality hardly anybody does, and those who do are deeply troublesome individuals who ought to be ignored.

3 Likes

Yeah mate of mine lives in a shed in her parents garden.

Reminds me of this article - BE MORTGAGE-FREE AT 30 (by borrowing £40k off your parents and building a shed in their massive garden)…

Sort of, though he built it and did all the plumbing/electrics himself so nowhere near 40k. I’d be interested to know how much it did cost all in actually.

I live in a glass cage of emotion

4 Likes

£38k.

I nearly rented a place in Oxford that was somebody’s shed that he’d done up. It was still £600 pcm, and this was a good six or seven years ago.

Speak for yourself Ant. I have but a single facet.

yeah my mate lives in a canal boat in that london. hes just had a kid tho so i think theyre looking at getting a home made of, like, bricks and stuff

That’s not going to be very buoyant!!

Which one?