Do you know what probably has the biggest discrepancy between thinking it'll be good and then the actual experience

Aside from fish and chips

Garlic bread (Peter Kay.jpg etc etc)

Always think garlic bread is going to be great but I don’t think I’ve ever had it when it’s been anything more than ‘it’s alright that’. Always quite underwhelming in a way

3 Likes

2 dreadful opinions in just one OP. remarkable

32 Likes

Was thinking of having fish and chips this evening and this is a great thread to remind me not to do that

4 Likes

Think I’m gonna get Wagamamas

Yaki Udon?

I like them both but the idea is always better than the execution

3 Likes

Firecracker curry

Reckon garlic bread has the smallest gap between the best and worst of any foodstuff though. Garlic bread has never been worse than 7/10 and never been better than 8/10. Cheap frozen ones, restaurant fancy ones. All solid, good eating

6 Likes

Had some M&S garlic bread last week and it was really excellent. Bread was soft and chewy, garlic butter packed a punch but didn’t linger, it held the heat well without crisping. A class act.

These ones:

5 Likes

@mods isn’t it about time we kicked this clown to the kerb for good?

11 Likes

This is an excellent opinion. We often consider the highest floor but we never combine that with the lowest ceiling. Really smart insight.

3 Likes

Fish and chips, OTOH, can be excellent, dreadful or anywhere in between

The correct answer is bowling.

4 Likes

Best garlic bread I ever had was at Roxys Ballroom which says it all

Fucking hell this is worse than tkc’s opinions

3 Likes

Always buy the extra strong stuff

1 Like

Unless it’s a nice restaurant then after every Chinese takeout i think, why did i need that so much. Think maybe this is also because of ordering for one - i like to have lots of bits of different dishes. Wish they’d do half and half options. Anyway, after each solo chinese takeaway i suffer chinese regret.

Definitely going to get a chinese tonight though now I’ve planted that seed.

3 Likes

Uncomfy shoes
Gets boring once you’ve bowled once
Goes on forever

Bin it off.

9 Likes

The correct answer is:

Supermarket Christmas sandwiches

2 Likes

Pub roast

6 Likes