Do you know what's amazing?

I grew inside of another person!

Just think about that for a minute.

Unbelievably cool.

7 Likes

your mum

4 Likes

Every cunt has a mum is one of my favourite things to remember when people are being horrible.

3 Likes

I love babies. I am absolutely wowed and overawed by them.

Met one of my best friends’ new baby on Saturday and it’s just such a joyous and emotional thing to be able to see and hold a brand new person who will grow up to have hopes and dreams and everything. Life eh.

15 Likes

yeah definitely!

I was going to say that it’s amazing that I exist as a byproduct of two people’s love/sexual attraction but I didn’t want to upset anyone who has a less conventional family dynamic.

I was held entombed, without my consent, for 9 months!
lock her up!!

8 Likes

but it’s a nice thing to think when I am low on self-esteem and hate myself…I am a being created through love.

As the youngest of three in my family for a long time I didn’t have any kind of protective or paternal drive etc, I remember that changed when I held my niece for the first time. It’s great to have that feeling of love and protection, strengthens you and your reasons for living etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m kind of the same (although I have a younger brother and sister). Being an uncle is brilliant though innit.

2 Likes

I had this thought recently. Proper awe at the #miracleofpregnancy - it’s nuts that women can grow a human inside them.

2 Likes

10 Likes

More impressed by cats growing 4+ kittens in about ten weeks tbh

4 Likes

My son asked me about babies in tummies (a couple of his friends at nursery have siblings on the way) and I explained that he had grown inside my tummy. He accepted this very matter of factly, but was quite keen to emphasise that he didn’t want to go back in because ‘the boobies are out here and it’s nice’.
It’s bloody miraculous. I loved every minute of being pregnant.

14 Likes

this time last year my daughter was a zygote

2 Likes

great word, zygote

1 Like

What’s she going as this year?

18 Likes

But now she’s pro-Palestine right?

(sorry)

1 Like

Being an uncle is great.

1 Like

Yeah, that and WiFi on planes are the big two for me.

6 Likes

only ever been on a plane in the year 2000, they’re probably a bit different now I’d imagine