Do you know your NI number off by heart

1 Like

Nope. Never seen this before.

Used to know the old one, donā€™t know the new one.

do you know where your birth certificate is right now?

• not a scooby
  • donā€™t know where it is but could probably find it
  • i know EXACTLY where it is

0 voters

I temped for a couple of years and had to write down my NI number by hand every week. Then in 2007 I got mugged and they took my wallet containing my original card, so itā€™s a good job I do remember it now

Know where your GCSE certificates are?

• gcYESe
  • gcsNOWAY

0 voters

Iā€™ve got photocopies of my a levels in behind my degree certificate, not that I know where that is.

i learned mine off by heart mainly to make a point. when i worked in a bank call centre it was one of the security questions and people would get quite arsey cos they didnā€™t have it to hand and would always grumpily ask ā€œdo you know YOUR national insurance number offhand?ā€ so i learnt it off so i could say ā€œyeah i do.ā€ i am a petty man.

i still remember it but tend to forget it when i actually need it, like when i was at the interview for my current job and i had to fill it in on a form before i went in. didnā€™t help the pre-interview nerves.

1 Like

yes but i got it back over a year later.

got home from one of my first nights out as a teenager to find iā€™d lost my wallet. long time later after iā€™d forgotten about it i was playing a gig in my local pub and on learning my name the barmaid suddenly handed this old wallet over to me. donā€™t keep it in my wallet anymore just in case but iā€™m not sure where exactly iā€™ve left it now so itā€™s kinda pointless

No.

Because I have it noted in Google Keep and it used to appear in my P60s or something

My best mate lost his ID while in university so for a period of two weeks he brought his long form paper birth certificate out with him as proof of age. Donā€™t know how he didnā€™t lose it as well.

Exactly the same here!

1 Like

Yes, which is a relief because I lost the card about 10 years ago

mine was lost by bury council when i applied for my first passport

when i applied for an old job they asked me to bring in certificates of all my qualifications. i brought in my degree certificate, and the hr manager asked me if i had my a-levels and gcses as well. i was like, no, i couldnt get my degree without my a-levels and i couldnt get my a-levels without my gcses. she said weā€™re going to need to see them and i was like, heh, ok, ill bring them in when i find them. four years i worked there, she never asked for them again

1 Like

Short version innit. Mum was never given the long version so I only have a certified copy from Camden Council. ( Born in Camden.)

1 Like

No idea where my Record of Achievement is mind you.

I remember getting my burgundy RoA file. Only had the one meeting with a careers advisor and that was to discuss a suitable work experience placement, iā€™m guessing might have been in year ten. Probably told them i wanted to be an astronaut or something, but they sent me to Homebase.

Letā€™s hope youā€™ve been using mine and Iā€™ve been using yours.

1 Like