Do you like scary movies? The rolling horror thread 2020

Wife and I watched the original Suspiria for the first time last night. Wow. Such a strong film. Visually and aurally intense. May have to give the remake a go soon.

2 Likes

Uneven is fair, I really enjoyed the first half but found the second half dragged, very much felt like they didnā€™t quite know what to do with the idea past a certain point (in a horror film?!? Unimaginable)

However I loved the setup, with the split screens and the constant flood of notifications. Really nailed what watching a really busy stream is like. I think that authenticity in the format is what makes or breaks these types of films for me.

(Great lead performance as well)

Yeah, it was funny how many times I was reminded of the insanity of the chat boxes on football streams with the same

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada:

type messages bombarding the screen all the time. I donā€™t really watch live streamers like this so maybe thatā€™s where I struggled. Also I found it really confusing when there was more than one stream shown on screen at once, I couldnā€™t work out whose was whose

Iā€™m a huge fan of the original and was not expecting to love the remake nearly as much. As it turned out, I thought the new version was amazing - goes for a totally different feel but I loved it.

1 Like

If youā€™re looking for some (albeit a bit late) festive scares, Iā€™m reading this at the moment and loving it:

The remake is a completely different film really, linked by vague themes and a name - even the colour palate is completely flipped but I think itā€™s still good

2 Likes

Have you seen the original version of The Haunting? I just rewatched that recently and fell in love with it again.

Itā€™s a long time since Iā€™ve seen it but The Changeling (1980) might be up your street

1 Like

The Innocents
The Orphanage
The Others
The Changeling
A Tale Of Two Sisters

This might do it for you too: The Exorcism - BBC Dead of Night - YouTube

This is an episode from an old TV show, Dead of Night. Recommended this to @midnightpunk recently and I think he really liked it.

This sounds right up my street - thanks for sharing!

How is Possessor? Is it very arty or is it something my wife can follow along while flicking through her phone? She doesnā€™t mind weird but she doesnā€™t like films that go out of their way to be abstract or up their own arse for want of a better word

looks like one for the Scarred for Life thread!

Nah it isnā€™t arty at all. Itā€™s quite all out action really. Similar in tone to that Overlord but a lot lot better

1 Like

Wait not Overlord but that film which came out at a similar time about being implanted with AI and that

Upgrade? Man I loved that film

Yeah thats the one. I wasnā€™t keen on that but loved Possessor so reckon if you liked Upgrade then this will be right up your street

Why am I only finding out about this thread just now? I really need to venture outside of the horror thread once in a whileā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

2021 thread here:

@moderators - would someone be so kind as to lock this thread please. Thanks :+1: