Do you like scary movies? The rolling horror thread 2020

Antiviral is still worth a watch. It’s about a corporation who inject people with illnesses celebrities have had so its a satire about celebrity really but it had similar themes. Its not as exciting as Possessor but well worth checking out. Got a feeling Cronenberg Jr will make a few more exceptional films

1 Like

Shudder’s 99p a month for three months, isn’t it not

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/offers/ref=atv_3p_shu_c_wWUEuq_HS446e9d_1_1?benefitId=shuddertv

1 Like

Last night’s Shudder was ‘Blood Quantum,’ a half decent zombie film where the indigenous peoples are immune from the virus. Pretty well done, some brutal kills.
Second up was ‘We Go On,’ where a fella is so scared of dying he offers 30k if someone can prove there us life after death,or can show him a ghost etc. This was great, refreshing to see a new take on horror for a change. Kinda reminded me of ’ Absentia’ at times, which has made me want to rewatch that beauty.

Luz The Flower of Evil is good on Shudder

Summer of 84 is an absolute blast

1 Like

seems like a nice list.

1 Like

I HATED She Dies tomorrow haha

Hunter Hunter sounds interesting

jon pertwee dr who series ‘Inferno’
changed my life

1 Like

Not seen that one, but I did watch a few Jon Pertwee ones several years back. I really like his Dr Who and the whole earthbound setting works for me. Waiting for a DVD of The Moonbase to show up in the mail - really like the Cybermen’s first appearance in The Tenth Planet…

Have largely ignored a lot of recent horror this year, so am looking forward to catching up in 2021 and I’ve got my eye on several movies on this list. My last watch earlier this week was Silent Night, Deadly Night Never seen this befoe and for a self-confessed lover of Christmas horror I’m happy to have corrected that. The film is tons of fun, super sleazy with lots of quotable lines.

2 Likes

Been a few years since I saw it but I remember it being a blast. Haven’t seen the second one but this is such a brilliant clip

1 Like

Agreed - that is a wonderful clip. :slight_smile: I got the second one in a Blu-Ray box set - figure I might wait till next Christmas to give it a spin.

Hey @Petagno I finished season 5 of Tanis yesterday. Well worth your time - I’m moving on to season 2 of The Last Movie soon…

Anybody seen Spree on Netflix? Worth a look?

Watched it last night. It felt very uneven and a bit tame for it’s subject. I didn’t enjoy it but it seems to be getting decent reviews on letterboxd

Wife and I watched the original Suspiria for the first time last night. Wow. Such a strong film. Visually and aurally intense. May have to give the remake a go soon.

2 Likes

Uneven is fair, I really enjoyed the first half but found the second half dragged, very much felt like they didn’t quite know what to do with the idea past a certain point (in a horror film?!? Unimaginable)

However I loved the setup, with the split screens and the constant flood of notifications. Really nailed what watching a really busy stream is like. I think that authenticity in the format is what makes or breaks these types of films for me.

(Great lead performance as well)

Yeah, it was funny how many times I was reminded of the insanity of the chat boxes on football streams with the same

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada: 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB :tada:

type messages bombarding the screen all the time. I don’t really watch live streamers like this so maybe that’s where I struggled. Also I found it really confusing when there was more than one stream shown on screen at once, I couldn’t work out whose was whose

I’m a huge fan of the original and was not expecting to love the remake nearly as much. As it turned out, I thought the new version was amazing - goes for a totally different feel but I loved it.

1 Like

If you’re looking for some (albeit a bit late) festive scares, I’m reading this at the moment and loving it: