• No
  • Undecided

0 voters

I like mine, it’s pretty.

2 Likes

I like my first name. Despise my second so much

2 Likes

spoiled because sadness

I just associate all kinds of internalised nastiness from other people with my names.

stuff from secondary school with my last name, and recent people I loved who turned on me with my first

I felt okay about my first up until last year. also briefly felt less bad about my last name.

3 Likes

Yep. Absolute peak time to be a Gareth, ngl, but I’ve always liked it.

14 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

My name is basic but I have grown quite attached to it

1 Like

Hated it as a child, wanted to be called Sarah. As a teen nobody could pronounce it so ended up going by a shorter version. As an adult I moved somewhere where it is slightly more familiar (my name is welsh and lots of people where I live now grew up having holidays in wales) and have even worked with a few people with the same name which was nice given it’s not common.

Despite all that, gave both my kids names with difficult spellings and pronunciations. It’s character building :grimacing:

4 Likes

The name itself is fine but people get it wrong a lot and I hate having to correct them which adds an extra layer of stress to some social / work situations that I could really do without.

5 Likes

Happy enough with my surname.

Full name feels very distinctive which can be handy for being noticed and not being mixed up with others etc, but bad for times when you fancy being a bit more anonymous

1 Like

Yes it’s great. Can’t nobody else stand up in class and answer when they call out my name.

Yeah. Wasn’t into it as a kid because I associated it with my granny telling me what I should be doing. I didn’t really fulfil her ideas of what a child should be like.

But it’s decent.

I was glad I wasn’t called Daniel. There were 4 in our class all called ‘Danny’. Nuts

First is a fairly common 10 letter name that was a bastard to learn how to spell when I was a tiny. It’s ok, but I know a lot of people who also have it.
Second is an old English/Celtic origin name that no one else can spell without instruction and frequently gets mispronounced. It’s pretty unusual but I can’t say I’m overly fond of it.

Forename: Ok, has too many shortened varieties and i dont really mind what people call me so have different groups of friends call me different versions

Surname: Dont really like it, as its a commonplace word but not that common as a surname, and often people think im saying different more common surnames.

Hate it. Really boring.

1 Like

Almost feel like it’s not my name sometimes. Don’t feel attached to it at all. Also has the annoying thing of being pretty uncommon while I’m really shit with names so everyone remembers mine and I really struggle with other people’s, which can be embarrassing

2 Likes

First name is super boring and banal

Second name is idiosyncratic as fuck, no one in this country can spell or say it.

Feel like there must be a middle ground between these two extremes but then neither of my kids go by the names we picked for them at birth so clearly I’m not a name giving expert.

Yeah I feel like this in terms of it not really feeling like my name. I don’t even like the way I pronounce it and if i have to introduce myself I hate saying it outloud, but the name itself is fine and I like it on other people.

Almost everyone I know calls me by my surname instead, even some old bosses did, which is strange. Usually if someone says my first name its because they’re calling me by my first and second name, it’s like no one thinks it suits me, including me.

Have wanted to change it for years but idk, I’m not confident enough to tell people to call me by a new name, feels a very bold announcement.

1 Like

Mine’s a slightly less common spelling of a common name, quite like it. Surname is a goodun (my username), overall quite a good combo I reckon.

Love it. Jack is a great name. Perfect for any age I reckon. You can have a baby Jack or an old man jack and it makes sense. Can’t say the same for Keith.

My surname is fine. It’s Scottish which is nice because I’m deeply Scottish. It comes with the best tartan too.

Overall, one of the few things I don’t detest about myself :100:

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of my name. Lots of versatility in my first name, and a surname that people have told me they like (to the extent that my ex kept it rather than reverting back to her maiden name when we divorced).

I’m aware of the privilege though - I’ve had a much easier life as a result of having such a straightforward name