do you reckon anyone has ever

heated up a nice pan full of gravy, poured it into a bowl and just started eating it like soup? bit of bread for dipping and all that

reckon it could work. beef soup.

2 Likes

Used to have a mug of gravy quite regularly when working in places that did food. Sometimes still do when the cafe at work does a roast. Also once drank a pint of vodka and bisto but that’s not a story for now.

12 Likes

My Great-Granddad (Granddad Jack) used to have “beef dripping and bread”

4 Likes

haven’t made gravy in a while but i tend to make too much of it and have to drink the rest like a cup a soup. it’s nice.

1 Like

when will we get to hear this story please

13 Likes

Tried to drink KFC gravy with a straw once. I couldn’t do it

Right now! It was in my first year at university in the aftermath of a house party and there was a bottle of Glenns Vodka but no mixers left so we made up some gravy. Seemed like a good idea at the time, it was not. Also could have just used the water needed for the gravy, oh well.That’s drugs for you!

6 Likes

is this like Bovril?

never been entirely sure what Bovril actually is

ive certainly considered it on more than one occasion

1 Like

don’t bother with a straw

that used to be a classic, my dad talked about eating that in the 70s!!!

also dripping is more like lard than liquid

I do this with veg stock and bread sometimes

3 Likes

Its really nice

Feel like gravy is probably a sub-species of soup in food taxonomy.

3 Likes

They should invent the gravy bag. Like a teabag but with gravy.

9 Likes

not had it in… 20 odd years but it was a hot beef flavoured drink… :confused:

i prefer to think of it the other way round, i like to refer to every sauce as gravy (take it to the things you do to wind up your partner thread)

1 Like

Beef dripping on toast is beautiful stuff.

I have also once had a slice of bread used to soak up some dripping from the roasting tin which is probably a bit excessive.

1 Like