Do you reckon soap actors get paid per episode?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How big a soap actor?

Depends if they’re regulars or not but most are salaried or were last time I was involved in any corrie stuff.

generally no, but i imagine there has been someone that has been paid to appear in one episode of a soap before

2 Likes
  • Dunno

0 voters

It depends perhaps

Izzy won’t be making a lot then

My friend’s brother has been in one episode of Coronation Street, doing a delivery to the shop. Got paid you’d assume.

David Platt. Barely been in it for ages. Wonder what his pay situation is, as he’s obviously a regular.

Ideal money laundering scheme

Craig has the best role. Turn up and read someone their rights then go away for 10 rpisodes

1 Like

This guy used to live in my Granny and Grampies village when I was a kid - they were always telling us about him because it was one of those villages where everyone went to the single pub so everyone knew everyone. Anyway he was a “warm up man” on TV who’d warm up the audiences for all the big game shows and studio based sit coms. He sounded like a bit of a flash harry TBH - really had his feet under the table in tv world

Anyway we were all told with excitement that he (who no one in my family had met apart from my grandparents) was going to be in an episode of coronation street. And we made a point of watching it - he was just a customer in the corner shop. Didn’t say anything much. And we didn’t even know what he looked like cos he was the warm up man, he wasn’t actually famous. He was just someone our grandparents knew from the Green Man in Mollington :grinning:

Anyway, I don’t know how he got paid but it was just something I remembered

3 Likes

I guessed not, but apparently so.

Hollyoaks is the only one to pay the same fee per episode to all its actors. And that fee, the source said, can range from £450 per episode to £2,000.

Like Hollyoaks, actors in EastEnders get a fee per episode and that can range from £400 to £2,000, with a guaranteed number of episodes a year and a repeat fee.

Reportedly (Coronation Street) actors get a fee per episode, which can range from £400 to £2,000, with a guaranteed number of episodes a year, as few as 30 or as many as 100, and a repeat fee.

1 Like

Haha, everyone’s wrong!

2 Likes

not quite my friend

Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 15.52.40

1 Like

Soap actors need some sort of union!

Don’t really understand this, do they just get told after the episode what fee they’re all getting? ‘Sorry lads, that was a dreadful display. A five hundred pounder, nothing more’

8 Likes

Bloody love Coronation Street

Think thats what happened to Sarah Harding yeah

Edit, misread the post. It didn’t

Yeah didn’t make any sense to me either. You’d think it’d just be a flat fee per episode in that case but I don’t know. Maybe there’s a different budget for run of the mill episodes and big cliffhangers, specials etc. :man_shrugging:t2: