Do you reckon there is a really easy way to put a string of Chrimbus lights around a porch

Did you think I was hanging like this?

Could obviously have been a smaller, more British-looking one but yea, in my mind that is what a porch is

Nice pic of you btw xx

It’s quite a brick-heavy porch. More common is a similar structure, but mostly glazed.

A proper porch

If you are glazed all around, where are you hanging your coats. No use whatsoever.

In the cloakroom.

[Not in the cloakroom obviously. In the hall. The porch is full of cactuses. And christmas lights obviously, pinned to the wooden frame, inside, with drawing pins.]

Our ‘hall’ is about 1sqm after we put in a downstairs shitter, hence the need for a coat hanging, shoe racking porch.

It’s a lovey brick porch, that would be greatly enhanced by a massive light-up Santa on his sleigh with all his reindeer riding over the top of it.

We do have quite a horrendous ‘santa please stop here’ sign just to the left than my eldest insisted on.

the nice thing about that is you don’t have to take it down after christmas, just turn it off and it’s invisible the rest of the year (according to my dickhead ex neighbours).

1 Like

I have my own low-key version of this. At Christmas I laboriously stick up a set of those Gel Gems things on the glass in the door to our porch. Then before twelfth night I laboriously take them down again and for the rest of the year get to enjoy their ghostly imprint in the filthy windows.

Oh easy. Screw some of these into the porch

Probably got some of those knocking about too…

I use them for our indoor lights, saves faffing about with gaffer tape

Yeah see!!