Do you reckon you'd make a good astronaut?

Me: absolutely not, no. I get travel sick, have anxiety issues about even mundane modes of transport, and my farts would strain whatever NASA’s space age flatulence solution is.

(This thread inspired by reading a book that has astronauts in it)

Not at all, similar reasons to you also I’m extremely bad at maths/physics etc

1 Like

No, I am vastly under qualified.

2 Likes

Mate, they’ve sent chimps up. Actual chimps. I don’t want to get too mushy here, but I reckon you’re at least 80% as qualified as an average chimp.

I really mean that, too.

1 Like

Stop it, I promised myself I wasn’t going to cry today.

Oh god, there it is.

1 Like

RIP in peace Laika

4 Likes

Laika boss

7 Likes

Good eyesight and never travel sick, but incredibly lazy and likely to lose interest in doing anything once I’m up there so I reckon maybe a capable one, but not a good one.

No.

Space food is even worse than airline food.

Tell me, what is the deal with airline food, anyway?

Seinfeld would be a better astronaut than you. Hell George would be a better astronaut than you.

1 Like

Oh right, but not Elaine, is that it? You daft sexist.

Here’s a question: If astronaut is the USA certified term, and cosmonaut is the USSR certified term. What’s the generic term or terms for other countries?

1 Like

Shut Up Kramer

1 Like

Spacenaut.

A name so dull it makes you want to become a communist.

1 Like

I’m listening, What the pay like?

[quote=“ma0sm, post:13, topic:6675, full:true”]
Here’s a question: If astronaut is the USA certified term, and cosmonaut is the USSR certified term. What’s the generic term or terms for other countries?[/quote]
Not enough countries to need a generic term really. Chinese are taikonauts, everyone else just uses the name of whoever owned the rocket they went up in, maybe.

1 Like

Got Take On Me with the word taikonauts going round my head now.

1 Like

What’s your point, spaceman?

1 Like