Do you remember what you were doing on January 17th 2004?

I can remember some things I have done in my life

3 Likes

I could hazard a guess but I would be lying if I said I actually remembered for sure.

but if it’s longer than a month ago I cannot remember the date

I’ll level with you Bammers, I basically only really “watch football” or “go to the cinema” so all I need to remember is the match I watched or the film I saw and it’s easy to find the date from there.

if you’re up for a bit of philosophising: does it count as remembering if you have looked up the date?

Massive nonce apparently

I guess remembering what you were doing on January 17th doesn’t mean you have to remember that it took place on January 17th

1 Like

I think it counts as remembering if you recall the thing that happened, it doesn’t count as remembering the date though if you have to look it up.

1 Like

Exactly Bammers, exactly.

1 Like

I’d say I’ve done myself there but I didn’t really mind, nice to feel like I’ve sorted out the confusion

1 Like

I think I’m pretty confident that most of the time, if someone said to me “what were you doing on this specific date” I’d be able to look up that date and have a fairly decent stab at knowing what I was doing.

mind if I give it a try?

Of course not!

1 Like

Hey Ant,

Do you know what you were doing on September 3rd 2012?

Cheers!

Hey Bammers, on September 3rd 2012 I would have been at work but I think I was refreshing the Olympics ticket website for some Paralympic tickets that I ended up buying for the forthcoming weekend.

1 Like

that’s the kind of memory anybody would be proud of!

1 Like

Thank you Bammers, very kind of you to say.

1 Like

nice to think that you might remember this conversation once day in 8 years time.

(sad to think that I will have forgotten, but it’s not my fault)

I cant even remember what I was doing january 17th 2020!! LOL

1 Like

It’s nice that there is a record of it for us to be able to look it up if anyone does ask though.

1 Like